Thread: Is it wise to move win 7 pagefile.sys to RAMDisk?

Is it wise to move win 7 pagefile.sys to RAMDisk?

Hello friend, I have a trouble about the Ram disk, I have very keen to play with PC. I used to play game, do downloading, play song and a lot. I have heard that I heard RAMDisk provide best performance. I intend to have PC with 10 GB RAM with RAMDisk and Windows 7. Can Anyone here tell me about the RAMDisk and what should I do best performance. If anyone have any idea about the RAM disk please share it with me.Is it wise to move win 7 pagefile.sys. to RAMDisk. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Is it wise to move win 7 pagefile.sys to RAMDisk?

Hello friend here I will tell you how to create page file, first right click on My Computer icon on the desk top and select Properties option. In the property click on Advance tab then click on Settings button in the Performance option then in Advance tab click on Performance Options window then click on Change button in the Virtual Memory box in box select Virtual memory then select RamDisk then select Custom size button then choose minimum and maximum size smaller than the size of the RAM disk and then Select the drive that you want use for paging file. Then Select the "No paging file" radio button then click on OK button then restart your computer to take effect.

You gaming experience will very good on the RAMdisk. Since you are using a 32 bit Oerating system. Using the RAMdisk in this type and placing the pagefile on the RAMdisk is not going to do anything extra but it will improve system performance. It does not mean that your system will suddenly two or four time faster in everything, but this will make overall thing faster than having a page file on any physical media. You have got RAM for burn, so put it in such manner that make a 6GB RAMdisk and temporary point everything to it. Then place a GB static page file on it, you can place of any page file that exists on a physical drive.

Hello friend you can also use any portable versions of applications from RAM disk because Ram Disk even make duplicate or mirror of the content in the RAM disk to a your local the hard drive, It is also possible to install real application directly on the RAM disk and this will really present between reboots in the same state, just like they will if it is installed to physical hard drive. The major difference is that the speed will boost up when you access the application or the data. RAM disk is very fast as compare to any physical media it is also faster than any SSD.