Thread: Limiting Image Size In Windows 7 Login Screen

Limiting Image Size In Windows 7 Login Screen

I have just started using the Windows 7 operating system and the working of the Operating system is the best. The working of the screen is said to not so good as the background image that is being used in windows 7 login screen is now said to be easy to change; and also the limit is said to be 256kb and it is quite irritating. I have been using all the applications and software in it but all this are working out to be fine only leaving this particular issue. Please help me out and give me the proper solution for this. And also tell me the various image sizes or the options that can be used for the changing of the screen in it.

Re: Limiting Image Size In Windows 7 Login Screen

Firstly it is being said that Microsoft has just added few new feature in the latest version that has been released of Windows 7, which is helping the various end user to change the setting of the login screen and with no hacker or third-party tools is said to be working out for it. In the previous version of Windows, users had to use third-party tools like stop-Tune-Up Utilities to change the background of the login screen with ease. Windows 7 now supports customizing the logon screen of Windows 7 officially. And also the size limit has been removed from the option of the Windows 7 Login screen.

You can also try the option of replacing the screen that is used for the public access in some or the other task that will help you to change the wallpaper of the desktop background. And also you can just follow the step and just see that whether it will work out for you or not:
    1. At the start you have to download the files that are for registry. Then extract the file and after that just double-click on the file which will enable this feature.
    2. And then you have to go down to the below given folder path:
    3. C:\Windows\System32\oobe. Always remember that C-drive is your Windows 7 Installation drive.

And then just see that whether it is working out for you or not.

A When you have done the above steps and still it is not working, then you have to create a new folder that is said to be named for the information. After that again you have to create a new folder inside the Information that can be used for the folder and then rename it as background. And also you can just copy your favorite image file to whichever folder that you want and then you can just rename it as background by default. Also make a note that image must also be of the JPG format and the size should be less than 256 KB. Because there are some or the more glitches that the size should be of 256 kb only. And when you have done it just reboot your system and then see the change.

Or else it is that you can just try the process of doing the registry tweak that will help you to make the necessary changes in it. Once you start the Registry Editor, you have to situate the file and then click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and after that you have to select the find command and see that how it is working out for you. When have seen the Find dialog box, and also the option of the OEMBackground in the text box then make sure that only the check box values are there and nothing else. I guess that this set-up of the registry will work out for you.

You can also just get the view of the various display screen and then just try out that which one of them is fitting the best for the screen that is used by you in your system. 256 kb is just a number that you cannot exceed and it being defined by the company standards and you cannot make the changes in it, but rather you can make the changes in the images that you are going to use. Just try to make the image size small by using the software hat is inbuilt in the computer system and compress the image that you want for the login screen. This compressed size of the image will work out for the system that you are using and you will be able to put the image of your choice.