Thread: Free Windows 7 RAMdisk application

Free Windows 7 RAMdisk application

Since few days I was trying to look for a better option on RAMdisk application which is a freeware, should be a decent and stable application, and must be compatible with the operating systems like windows XP or windows 7 with the 64 bit resolution. I have tried to search for the application on Google search engine but I found nothing relevant to my search. Or can you guys just recommend me some other applications which you are aware of.

Re: Free Windows 7 RAMdisk application

If you are working on a platform of windows XP then you can make use of a prefetcher component which will enable you to shorten the time taken by the system to start windows. It will result in fast launch of your programs. In addition, the prefetch system is also active when Windows starts, so as to trace the file which loads at startup and it also optimizes the Windows startup. Finally, the Windows defragmenter can also use the information in prefetch folder to place the most used files when you start at the beginning of the disk to further improve the performance of the system.

For a Windows 7 operating system with 64 bit resolution, you will need to switch to a software called DataRam disk. The ramdisk is obtained by reserving a portion of RAM that is used to imitate a hard drive. The system interprets and uses the virtual device as if it were created as a normal HD. When you have plenty of available RAM installed on your computer, you can use this trick to create virtual HD to park temporary files of various nature, resulting in a net improvement in performance of those applications that use it. Even I was in search of such an application and after much effort I found an application to manager Ramdisk for my windows 7.

Yes the application called the “Prefetch Manager” is the ultimate option. Here you don’t need to clean this file because Windows limits it automatically to 128 files. Deleting the contents of the folder will only reduce the performance of Windows. If you disable prefetch it will deprive you of the performance improvements which were made. It is compatible to platforms like windows 2000, windows XP and even windows vista.

Yes indeed the “Prefetch Manager” is the best option for a platform like Windows XP. Microsoft has introduced a feature called Prefetch; this function remembers the file fragments and reads a program at startup. For example if you double click the shortcut for Ms Word, the application reads a lot of files in the background. You even need these files while initiating a normal program. The "Prefetch" notes these components and collects them in a file that is stored in the folder called "Windows \ Prefetch". Now, when the user double clicks the icon for Ms Word, it saves time to load in advance the fragments needed to start the program.