Thread: Getting too much CAPI2- 4107 errors in application event log in windows 7.

Getting too much CAPI2- 4107 errors in application event log in windows 7.

how to deal with CAPI2- 4107 errors in Windows. I was just checking out Event Log and find a huge amount of CAPI2- 4107 errors in it. It keeps on increasing. It looks some application in the system is crashing and causing this problem. I hope there will be some solution for this. Does system restore will work here. I do not want to startup a new problem later on.

You don't have to go ahead with system restore. The issue occur due to expired Microsoft Certificate Trust List Publisher certificate. I am giving you a link below that has detailed information on fixing this issue. Just check the link and try out the solution mentioned int. There is a ready to use fix application also available that you have just download and run. This will automatically resolve the problem.

Event ID 4107

Re: Getting too much CAPI2- 4107 errors in application event log in windows 7.

Click on Start and then click on Run box. Type %windir% and hit enter. You will see a folder. In that you have to delete the content of below folder. Just go in that location and delete whatever you found. Restart your and then check again.
    • %windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content
    • %windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData
    • %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content
    • %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData
    • %windir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content
    • %windir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData