Thread: my PC immediately shuts down when I plug my mp3 player into the usb port

my PC immediately shuts down when I plug my mp3 player into the usb port

First off, I am really sorry if this has been posted anywhere else on this forum, I actually do not prefer the search engine, cant seem to obtain it to search for me. Anyways, here is my issue problem. This recently had started, since I have by no means had this problem prior to this When I go to connect my mp3 player into my usb port, my PC right away shuts down, and I have to remove it for the PC to begin back up again. Please help me out if you can if you come across any solution to this issue .

Re: my PC immediately shuts down when I plug my mp3 player into the usb port

Well this seems to be a very ordinary issue , as you just commented that you were facing this issue as you were on some basis not able to connect the MP3 players thorough the USB port , in any attempt in doing so will make the PC turn off immediately , well according to me it is nothing more than an USB driver issue, what you can do is you can open the device manager and then check for the drivers issue , if you find any kind of red colored or yellow colored symbol corresponding to the USB port then it is definitely the driver issue , you can get it resolved by reinstalling the USB driver from the resource CD or downloading it from the net .

Do you have numerous usb ports? Does this occur on all of them? Seems like it may be a dead short.Does the mp3 player load fine on a diverse computer? Do other components connected into that USB port result into the similar issue ? Does the MP3 player root problems on other machines well , According to this , I think you can test it and find it out what is actually wrong , it may also be possible that the MP3 player that you are trying to connect with the machine is not functioning properly systems?

Do you have a group of other devices Connected into your USB ports. It is quite possible you may be drawing more than the max permissible current through the ports. Well if you ask me it may the foremost reason behind that , so as I direct you , you can actually check how much current is actually being fetched . Device Manager > USB ROOT HUB , I will ask you to click the "Power" tab and it will show the power draws on that port.

Well, I have quite a few ports, but none of them are used at the moment. I generally just connect it into the similar port every time on the front of my PC and it charges, but now it is doing nothing but reboots the PC until I remove it . Not certain if its a driver problem or something else. There are no other devices connected into that port, I reckon think the only USB port on the back of the PC that is being utilized is for my mouse, and that functions just well. I have two USB ports on the frontage of my machine . Before I turn off tonight, I will attempt and connect it into the second port, I thought I did that, but at the present I am not certain if I did or not. If its still the similar issue .