Thread: Dell dock disappeared from desktop while updating windows 7

Dell dock disappeared from desktop while updating windows 7

I am with windows 7, I faced a trouble of the loss of Dell Dock (icon of the Recycle Bin, Internet, etc.) from the desktop when the window 7 was the date and the system requests me to update then the system automatically restart. After rebooting Dell Dock disappeared from the desktop. Again I open it from the start menu but when I restart my laptop, which had not come automatically on the desktop. Please help me I am very new to the Windows laptop and 7.

Re: Dell dock disappeared from desktop while updating windows 7

This difficulty can occur if the Dell Dock executable file is either not there in the startup list or it does not work. As a first step to see if the computer is in normal startup mode. Booting in safe mode and try this step. Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows to start the computer in a limited state. Only basic files and drivers needed to run Windows is started. The words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor to identify the mode of Windows you are using.

1. Restart your computer. Click the Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut down button and then click Restart.

2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a solitary operating system installed, hold down the F8 key at the same time as the computer is restarted. You have to press F8 before the Windows logo. If the Windows logo, you will have to try again by waiting until the login Windows system and then shut down and restart the computer.
    • If your computer has several operating systems, make use of the arrow keys to highlight the operating system to begin in Safe Mode, then press the F8.

3. The display of advanced boot options, make use of the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter.

4. Log on to the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When the computer is in Safe Mode, you can see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit Safe Mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

Follow these steps to restart the computer to start, as usual (normal boot mode).

a. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, then press ENTER. If you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, type your password or click Continue.
    b. On the General tab, click Normal Startup option and then click OK.
    c. When prompted to restart your computer, click Restart.

If the above method does not solve the problem, follow this method.

To add the executable file dell dock in the startup folder you follow this step: Programs or shortcuts in the Startup folder will run each time Windows starts.
    • Click the Start button go to the All Programs and then click the Startup folder, and then click Open.
    • Release the location containing the item you wish to make a shortcut to (Dell Dock.exe file).
    • Right click the item and then click Create Shortcut.
    • Drag direct access to your home folder.

Subsequently you start Windows, the program will run automatically and you will see the new Dell Dock. If the above methods do not help, contact the manufacturer for help.

Go to Start, All Programs. Look for the "Dell" folder. Open and click on the Dell Dock. To ensure that you have it when it starts, right-click an empty spot on the Dell Dock. Go to Advanced Options. Check "Run at startup." I'm not sure where you can find information about Google Desktop (because I uninstalled the Dell default one). Just open the Start menu and search "Google." Right-click the executable. Open. Then close the program. When asked to confirm the closing, make sure that you want to start with Windows. If you use the Windows Sidebar, search for "sidebar" and click it when it appears. Right-click a blank space and go to Properties. Verify that you want to run with Windows.