Thread: Code 28 on PCI bus ACPI\SMO8800 on Windows 7

Code 28 on PCI bus ACPI\SMO8800 on Windows 7

I was running Windows Xp operating system on my desktop machine and I have recently upgraded my machine to the Windows 7 OS. Currently I have got stuck with some windows error relating to the hardware on my machine. There is one hardware ID on my this new operating system which I don’t understand that what it indicates. Can you guys tell me that how can I get that what is Code 28 on PCI Bus ACPI/SMO8800.

Re: Code 28 on PCI bus ACPI\SMO8800 on Windows 7

Latest Dell Latitude owners possibly will notice an unknown device in device manager. Here's how to find out what it is and the solution to what was mine. In Device Manager, right-click the device and click Properties. On the Details tab, select hardware ID from the dropdown box. You'll observe something like ACPI \ SMO8800 (that's what the unknown device was on mine). Google it and find hardware ID is an accelerometer, a device that detects when your laptop can be dropped and immediately stops the hard drive so it is not damaged by the impact.

If you comprise an SSD drive they have no cause to install this driver .. SSDs have no pitiful parts so the driver free-fall sensor is not compulsory. Actually, it might harm the SSD. As per the laptop, this is not free for all time as plunge of the drivers, but can also be a sensor screen rotation (motion sensor) is worn with the Acer 1825PT (Z) and lots of others Tablet PC to turn around the screen if you utilize it in portrait or landscape.

After installing all my drivers after reinstalling the operating system, I also realized that the unknown device itself, while I was sure all my drivers needed had to be right. Unfortunately my 1825PTZ Acer fell a few months ago, and the screen was damaged much of what I had to turn off the touchscreen capability "(That's why I did not reinstall the driver rotation sensor You see, finally make sense. And it's just a personal habit (time-theft) to find all the unusual things my OS / computer tells me. I do not think / computers at risk and are able to think in my place

I have seen the similar device code on my machine when I was having a dell hardware. But I guess I have found the solution for the same. Actually I am not so sure that this would be solving your issue as well. When I came across the same thing on my windows 7 machine then I installed the "ST Microelectronics AccelerometerP11 " from an official website of the Dell and my problem got solved. You may try the same thing, It might happen that even your hardware started working with it.