Thread: Using S-Video on HP Compaq Presario V5000

Using S-Video on HP Compaq Presario V5000

I am using Windows XP on HP Compaq Presario V5000 and I am facing a lot of problem getting the screen to display on my television. I am using an s-video to RCA audio adapter. I have been able to use the cable with any other team I have, besides this and it worked perfectly. When I start the computer I can hit FN + F4 and it will show the home screen on TV, while Windows XP loads, but once it completed loading and the login screen starts to come up it switches back to the computer’s liquid crystal display. I don’t know about the issue if you have any solution then please give me this. Or any another solution related to TV connection which I required.

Re: Using S-Video on HP Compaq Presario V5000

Have you tried reducing your resolution? I am not very sure that it will work for you or not but you can try it. And I do not understand why you are using the adapter? No s-video port on TV? If so, deal only with a normal s-video to s-video cable. I am not professional, but I have never seen these s-video to RCA cables. Not sure why they exist and how they work, but I know VIDEO s-video outputs, therefore, the video on his behalf. It is not send the last time when I checked audio. If it will work for you then fine.

Sure I did try this one also, but no luck. I am using the cable since many Television’s really have RCA connectors and that’s way I can send the audio via the television. It has a male 3.5 mm and s-video connection on the computer side and three colors (yellow / white / red) on the other side of the Television. I had a 4-pin on both sides s -video to s-video cable, but was never able to get a television that actually shows it picture, so I get the RCA version might be much easier to work with because is a simple click of the remote control to turn on the TV to the input through the correct port.

Try this instruction if you meet troubles when trying to connect a television to the computer.
    • Certain display adapters require having television set as the main display adapter before it can be recognized at all. If the workstation is not "noticing" the television as a display tool at what time the computer is switched on, set television as the primary display machine in Windows and restart the processor.
    • Turn on the small screen previous to turning on the system
    Televisions need their source setting to be altered to the video source that the video card is using. Choose either Input one, Input two, or S-video through pushing the Input Source key on the television's remote control. This can depend the type of television you are using. If your small screen does not have this ability, then you will not be capable to use it as a next monitor. For that you have to use special video signal processing. For extra detailed information, check with the manual for your television.

Some days before I have the same issue with my television also so as per my knowledge I will go to tell you some simple tips for that, you can try it also which is given below.
    • Put the monitor resolution to 800 x 600 or a smaller amount from display properties on the PC.
    • Make use of only one video source, do not attach two cables to the same television or screen.
    • A television accepts either a” PAL” or “NTSC” signal, depending on the nation it was prepared for. Confirm that the signal arrangement of the television matches the signal output that the card produces (for on-board Television-output, this setting can be changed in the BIOS) or you can try to installation of manufacturers Drivers for your video card. You are possibly using "default" drivers.