Thread: Unable to change recycle bin from full to empty.

Unable to change recycle bin from full to empty.

Hello I am using windows XP professional service pack 3.whenever I am using recycle been there is no change of full to empty. It is showing me the error message that you cannot delete SCANCL: cannot find specified file. Please check the correct path and the file name. And specify the correct path and file name. Then I went to regedit and delete the 645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E key, to see if the operating system and replace the recycle bin. I got the new copy of recycle bin but I am not able to see the copy in the reboot, then I tried that again by reentering the key and turned it immutable recycle bin. For solving this problem I tried this with two easy, which start in safe mode cmd in C:\ and remove the security services of file, then took out the trash. Then I faced with the problem about the constant recycle bin, in which I am unable to see sent items, it’s do not appear in it. And then it’s disappearing when you empty the recycle bin, but the problem SCANCL.

re: Unable to change recycle bin from full to empty.

I think this will help you to solve your problem. You can manually reset the recycle bin icons. To do this you have to right click on the desktop and select personalize. Then in task pane, click on the change desktop icons. After doing this select the recycle bin icon (full) and then click on the change icon. Then in change icon dialog box, select the full recycle bin icon. And then click on OK button to close the change icon dialog box. After doing this move towards the next step in which select the recycle bin icon (empty) and then click on change icon. In this change icon box you have to select the empty recycle bin icon. Then click on OK to close the change icon dialog box. And apply this and click OK.

Hello I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. Please try this, it’s very easy may your system contain the program unlocker; the program unlocker is the best programs which help you to solve your problem .go to control panel and click on the folder option and view and unchecked hide protected operating system files (Recommended) then selected RECYCLERS in the left pane of explorer and right click S-1-5-21-117609710-790525478-725345543-1003 in the right pane of explorer. You will find unlocker in the right click menu and deleted. The recycle bin fixed.try all this registry setting and it will help you to solve your problem.

As you are saying that you cannot delete the SCANCL which is the part of the Avira antivirus. It is Avira’s command line scanner. I don’t know which antivirus you are using but if you are using the avira and if you uninstall this from your system. This will left some command line scanner behind. It is changing the properties though if traces of avira still hold on to it. For removing this you require the clean uninstaller .when you are uninstall avira it still register in the system registry files. So you have to clean this from your registry files. Just try this may this information will help you to solve your problem.

Hello I think this problem is related with your some system setting. Some day before I faced the same problem then I made a change in system setting .I use the group policy object editor. In that you have to type gpedit.msc in window start menu search bar and then press the enter button. Then follow the next step in which choose user configuration icon, from that go in administrative templates and select desktop icon. Then remove recycle bin icon from desktop, double click on it and change it as enable and then apply the reboot. In next step follow this above step, but select not configured in place of enable.

For solving this problem you have to modify the registry setting. The problem occurs when you are modifying your registry incorrectly. For that you have to follow the step correctly and carefully. For your safe side keep backup the registry before you modified it. Then you can reload or restore registry when problem occurs. If you don’t know how to take backup of your registry then follow the following step
    1. Copy this information which is based on windows XP
    : Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon]
    @="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\shell32.dll,32"
    "Full"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\shell32.dll,32"
    "Empty"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\shell32.dll,31"
    2. Then copy this information in the notepad and save this with using recyclebin_icon.reg name.
    3. Double click on the recyclebin_icon.reg file that you created.
    4. Then message will prompt and it ask are you sure you want to continue then click on yes.
    5. When success message will appear on your screen then click on ok button.