Thread: Windows 7 system Repair option missing

Windows 7 system Repair option missing

Hello guys I having some kind of problem with the Windows 7 operating system that I am having on my system for last six months, although during the usage of my system for last six month I haven’t dealt with any kind of problems as such but now that I am looking to run a complete system recovery as I have found that some of the programs are not running perfectly and it is causing a hell allot of problems with the system. But when I press the F8 button to do System Repair, I found that the option button for the same was missing from there, now is it that the button is not there for this Windows 7 or only I don’t have on my bios setting, please do reply.

Re: Windows 7 system Repair option missing

One of the options that you can try for is through the command prompt for directly accessing the Windows Repair option if in the options list that options are not available. What you can do is that go to the start menu and from there select Run and type cmd which will take you to a black screen from where you have to type rstrui.exe which will directly take you to the System Recover and from there you can do whatever you want for the system, I hope that you get the program to run perfectly.

Hey what I think that the Windows that you already have might be not having the Recovery option on it due to some kind of issue, so instead of doing a system recover why don’t you completely format your system and install the Windows operating system again, what I think that most of the time the Recovery option does not do the exact recovery option of the system for which you would mostly want. I know that your main provision is to get all data back onto your system, so according to me you should take a backup of whatever data that you are having on your system and move forward with installation of the complete Windows 7 operating system.

Guys I have made us of the rstrui.exe from the command prompt but still I was not able to make use of the System Repair. When I enter that in a command prompt I get a message saying that "No restore points have been created on your computer's drive. To create a restore point open System Protection." Now can someone help me to know what exactly is this System Protection and form where I can go inside it to get access to the System Repair, if someone knows about it please provide the exact and relevant information as I do not want to get into some kind of trouble.

Hey I have found something for the solution to your problem, to have access to the repair console you boot the cd and need to press the F10 while it loads all the drivers for hardware and before that happens it has a list of partitions. Otherwise what you can do is that you can boot on your CD, you select the partition where you got windows, it will tell you that there is already a windows and prompts if you want to delete the windows folder. After you delete it, it makes you a fresh install of windows but does not affect other files. This allows you to save what you have backed up before formatting.

Hey if you want you can even try to repair the system using the following method. You first put one the Windows 7 formatting CD, then enter Start> Run and type sfc / scan once, press Enter, and then restart the computer. After the system is rebooted perfectly and when you reach towards the end of the installation shows you setup your partitions. Then, when the mark on the Windows partition will be placed, including the R appears to Repair. So friend try this option out and then see if you can make up with the repair of the Windows through this solution.

The repair of Windows 7 can be done using the original CD-ROM installation with Microsoft CD only. The advantage of this method is that it keeps personal files on the PC. Only the files and Windows registry are a part replaced. Reinstalling a Windows system is always a complicated task that can lead to data loss, due to the strong overlap between the operating system and data. However, it is possible to repair the installation of Windows 7 without deleting all the applications installed and in principle, without loss of data.