Thread: DVD Drive Failed to Boot on my PC

DVD Drive Failed to Boot on my PC

I have a system which has problem with DVD drive. My system details are, Windows XP Home edition service pack 2. I have Pentium D Cpu and 2GB of Ram. I have two dvd drivers attached to my system. Both were working fine. Recently I tried to boot from Windows XP CD. But it is not working. I checked in Device Manager. Both of my DVD driver are showing yellow mark on them. This looks that they are faulty. What can I do to fix this. I have to install Windows back due to virus issue. I clicked on troubleshoot device but nothing happens to that. Then later on I tried updating my DVD drives. Still it is not working.

Re: DVD Drive Failed to Boot on my PC

The first easiest thing you can do is reconnect the drive. There can be a cable fault in your system. Just open up cpu case and disconnect the drive. Then reconnect back. If still this does not work then try to change the DVD cables. I had attached a link of fix provided by Microsoft. You can directly download this and run. Here are the list things that this application can fix. First you can make your cd/dvd work. It also fixes those drive who failed to read any disc. It also fix error of corrupt disk. It also fix not connected dvd issue.
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9740811

You have to check for the most appropriate firmware update. You can get that on official website of the manufacturer. Most of the hardware problems are due to driver issue. Just download fresh driver and then update the same. There are some third party program that controls cd and dvd drive. You can download then use them to fix your dvd drive issue. I will recommend you to test the dvd in other computer. If it is not working then it is faulty.

Try to use a usb DVD drive. There are tons of device you can try. Second thing there can be issue with the cable of drive. Change the same and then check back. Connect on at a time. Check in bios that your dvd is detected or not. If not then it will not work. You have to arrange a new drive for that. USB drive is the most portable device you can use and it is easily found in the BIOS.