Thread: DVDs not working on fresh installation of windows 7

DVDs not working on fresh installation of windows 7

I had a Windows 7 installed in my PC. After the installation when I put a fresh disk in the Sony dual layer DVD external burner it shows that there is no disk present. When I tried other 16x blank DVDs and even though my computer (Win7) sees the DVDs drive, it refuses to acknowledge blank disks. Also when I try to burn anything with my other built in burner it is now burning and coming up with weird errors. I am getting worried about this issue. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: DVDs not working on fresh installation of windows 7

Looking at your issue feel that you have some problem with the installation process in Windows 7.What you need to do is just do a have to reinstallation of your Windows 7.For that you just need to reinstall the Windows 7 using the same procedure you had used earlier. Once you reinstall it then I am sure that everything would be fine. Also another thing which you can do is that you can check the DVD that you are using. Even this can be the reason why you are facing with this problem. So try with this solutions and I think that it will help you.

I had a look at the solutions that you have provided and I did all the updates with Win7 upon install and now the Device Manager shows no problems. I was using the same program to burn with before my computer crashed from a Trojan and I removed the drive and did a fresh install of Windows7. I tried installing Burner XP but nothing changed. I even tried using the Win7 native built in system burning but nothing has worked for me. So please find other some other solution which will work for me.

I think that you can also try with the Event Viewer. You can look in need to Event Viewer for errors which might help you. Along with that you can even look in the device manager to look for any kinds of errors. And as I had stated you before that you can do a Windows Update to see if any of the hardware has any updates that could accompany them. Checking out these options will definitely help you to get away with your problems.

Thank you for your reply. I feel that I did all the updates with Win 7 and that has helped me a lot. This has helped me to solve the problem which I was facing. I think that when I removed the Trojan and did a fresh install of Windows7.I think it was very critical in getting rid of this problem. So I would like to appreciate you for the time and thoughts you provided to fix this problem. I would also suggest others who are facing the same problem to follow the same procedure to fix this issue.