Thread: Can’t reinstall windows in my PC

Can’t reinstall windows in my PC

I have a PC at my home and I feel that it has been infected by some malicious activity. To get rid of it I need some kind of help on reformatting. But the problem with it is that I don’t have a disk to reformat it. So can you help me in telling that what can be done to format my PC? Actually I am facing from this problem from a long time and need a help on this .So it will be very handy if you give me a solution to this problem as soon as possible.

Re: Can’t reinstall windows in my PC

I had checked your problem and I frankly speaking I am a bit confused with query that you have. What do you mean by word reformatting? Is it that you need to reinstalling windows and start with a fresh install? If it is so then you'll need to get a Windows installation disk from your PC manufacturer. If you're doing this because of infections that are present in your PC then there are many other ways to get rid of it rather than running behind the reinstallation of windows.

Yes I need to do the reformatting because I need to get rid of the virus that is present out there in my system. And I don’t have a windows installation CD with me .So for that reason I thought that I should try to remove the virus which I feel is the back door Trojan. I then tried to get away with the infected backdoor Trojan .But unfortunately it also didn’t work for me. So can you please suggest me some solutions for this so that I can get rid of this problem as early as possible.

There is another solution for this. What you can do is you can get someone’s Windows DVD whom you know. But that person should have the same version as yours, as long as you have your own windows key to activate it. Once you get that then start with the reinstallation of the windows. Or other thing you can do is go in My Computer. There in the hard disk drives you can see a drive D. Check that whether it says something like recovery or restore. If you do have this on your system, this is the equivalent of restore disks. So you can check out with this solutions and see if this works or not.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I’ll definitely check it out and I hope that it works out for me. As you told to look out for a Windows DVD I already got one from my friend. He also has the same version as mine and I will start with the installation process. I think that it will be a proper solution and will work for me. I would like to appreciate you for your solutions that you have provided me and like to thank you for your time you spent on it.