Thread: How to replace exe files

How to replace exe files

Currently my system is running on to the windows 7 of 64 bit. And in the same when I try to copy an exe file to a different folder that has the same filename so at that time I get the message "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program Close the folder or file and try again." I have to cancel the replacement operation. I can delete the file without any problem, which is what I do before copying. I tried a lot of other file types, but so far only this error exe. Things work well when in safe mode. An early diagnosis for the problem. I ran SFC / scan now and it came up well Any thoughts on my situation would be welcome.

Re: How to replace exe files

Here I want to know that which file you are trying to replace? As much I know tell you about the same that if it is read only file and is it loaded in memory? And also I want to know that does the filename demonstrate in PROCESSES under TASK MANAGER? So if you have any suggestion on the same so please try to tell me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

It is happening with any exe file. Process Manager shows that the system has this, as well as two explorers with different PIDs. I found that if I wait long enough before you retry it works. I guess the "blocking" going long enough. Unlocker certainly does not report the conditions of blockade. I can use Unlocker to delete the file, while the retry messages are still active. After the file is deleted then try again and get it back.

I think like these issues are happening because of the permissions. Or it could be that a program is making use of those resources when you are attempting to delete them. Using the program Unlocker, you are able to tell if a file/folder is in make use of by another program.So for that you have to Download Unlocker 1.9.0 Free - How I will get free from these errors like deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it's being used by another person or program. If your permissions are hinky, you are able to simply right tick on the file/folder go to properties and permissions/ownership and take ownership of the file/folder. Also, you may require to be on an administrator account.

Hello all how do I change the extension of a file? I send an exe file via email but the recipient does not receive it even zipped. How do I rename the exe file for example, and after that it has received file.exe rename him? When I have seen this thread then I think that there will be some solution which will help me but after checking this I was getting disappointed. And I have seen one more user facing the similar kind of issue.

To change the extension must be visible, if not go in the folder options, view tab (or view does not remember exactly) and uncheck to: Hide extensions for known file types, then you have 2 options

1: Right click, choose rename and type the new name.

2: Click once on file with the left, wait 1 second and click again once, write the new name.

From Windows Explorer: Go to Tools - Folder Options View tab: scroll down and click on the item 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Once this is done you will see the folders that the files will be presented in the format nome.estensione. You can simply change the extension by renaming the file.