Thread: SQL server 2008 R2 EXPRESS: Do not access the instance

SQL server 2008 R2 EXPRESS: Do not access the instance

I installed SQLSERVER 2008 Express on a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit. I left all the default installation: And in that my Instance root directory: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ And theSQL Server Databse Engine NT AUTHORITY \ NETWORK SERVICE Automatic And the SQL Server Browser NT AUTHORITY \ LOCAL SERVICE Disabled And then put the password in the same. And in it I wanted to access the database through Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio but I ask but over here I wanted to know that what should I put in login and password fields? I tried with NOMEDELDOMINIO \ Administrator but do not enter. how do I do?

Re: SQL server 2008 R2 EXPRESS: Do not access the instance

The information available in Books Online for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Compact Edition (SQL Server Compact Edition) let you know in detail the features of SQL Server Compact Edition. SQL Server Compact Edition is a database platform for mobile devices designed for developers who carry portable devices for Microsoft Windows. The main features are worth mentioning an archive data efficiently, the component of query processor for query optimization and connectivity features reliable and scalable. For more information about SQL Server Compact Edition.

SQL Server Management Studio allows you to manage all types of services in SQL Server. When you connect to a server where you installed SQL Server asks: is the type of service you want to administer. If you installed SQL Server Express Edition you need to connect to the Database Engine. SQL Server Compact Edition is the version of "standalone" SQL Server (have a look here ).
    • [Server Name] is the DNS name or IP address of the server you want to connect.
    • [Authentication]: can Windows Authentication or SQL Server Authentication.

In the first case you must use an account type DOMAIN \ username or SERVER \ username (depends if you are in an Active Directory domain or you are using a local user on the server where you installed SQL.

In the second case you must use an account created specifically between the logins to SQL Server (see How to create a SQL Server account ). You may also be used for administrative purposes, you know, who are already among the logins created by the default setup of SQL Server, but keep in mind that a member with full privileges available and therefore is not suitable, for example, to connect a web application!

About it I got some information for the website so I hope that it will help you. If you want then you can for it. So in your case, you simply log on the server as DOMAIN \ Administrator, open the connection window in SSMS and select Database Engine for the Server Type, servername or IP address for the Name Server and Windows Authentication as the authentication mode and you should go smoothly .

Administrator for the user, the considerations made for the user knows: as a user with very high, you may wish to include in the SQL Server logins YOUR domain account and grant this user rights need to map the role suitable. About it I got some information for the website so I hope that it will help you. If you want then you can for it.

It means that your SQL Server instance name (SQLExpress). To log in you must enable the SQL Server Browser SQL Server Configuration Manager or via the Windows Services applet and specify the name separated by a backslash after the server's DNS name or IP address (if you can authenticate locally specify localhost (local), or the "." to identify the server). If I installed a default instance configured with the standard TCP port 1433, it had no name and to refer would be enough to specify the server name (or IP) that hosts it, without opening the SQL Server Browser.

During installation it asks you if you're logged in with which the system should also be an administrator of (or you can set a specific user). If I remember correctly this screen was introduced with SQL Server 2005 SP2. In the past, any user who belongs to local Administrators group was automatically sysadmin of the instance and this is not always true.