Thread: Booting takes long time after installing application store on Mac Pro

Booting takes long time after installing application store on Mac Pro

I am using a Mac Pro and I didn’t had an application store installed in it before. Recently I got this application store installed on my Mac Pro. After installing the latest application store on my Mac Pro, the hard disk activity is extremely slow. The system drive is in heavy use for upto 20 minutes. This makes my fast Mac Pro very slow. Do anyone know any reason for this. It’s very annoying for me to use this Mac Pro because of this slowness. Please do come to me if anyone knows the reason for this.

Re: Booting takes long time after installing application store on Mac Pro

Your problem is that it takes too much time to boot. If it due to the installation of the application store then you need to have a look at it. You can install the application store on your Mac Pro without any problem. So I feel that there is a problem with the installation of application store. So for that what you need to do is uninstall the Mac Pro first. This should be followed by the reinstallation process. Check out with this method. This will help you to get rid of your problem.

The other thing that can be mentioned which you need to remember is that when you restart the PC after downloading an update that’s when the actual updating process begins in your system. So the first restart is generally longer than normal one and your system will do some activity. This can be the reason why it takes longer time than your normal disk activity. So probably the process of installation might have gone wrong.

Another solution to this problem is here. It seems that you need to re-index the boot camp partitions regularly. You need to go on system preferences where there will be spotlight. Now click on privacy and add exclude to the boot camp .Here add your boot camp partitions. This will solve your problem. So actually the problem is boot camp with spotlight after the update. Also next time you have to be more careful before doing update because this problem will arise again. It will help you to get away with your problem.

I worked on the answer provided. It’ very useful and has solved my problem completely. Even I feel that we need to re-index the boot camp partitions regularly. Now the latest application store on my Mac Pro works properly and, speed of the hard disk activity had increased considerably. So I appreciate and thank you for your time and thoughts that you provided me to for providing the solution. I was very fed up with the speed the Mac Pro was providing me but now it is same as before.