Thread: KB 2393802 seems to install correctly but it is offered again after installation

KB 2393802 seems to install correctly but it is offered again after installation

I am having very annoying issue with installing Windows update on the computer of the mine. Well I have already installed KB2393802 update successfully on the computer of mine. It prompts me this particular update is available however it already installed on the system of mine. I have done all this things for couple of time. Any idea to fix the problem of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: KB 2393802 seems to install correctly but it is offered again after installation

I am unable to find out why this happening on the computer of yours. You have not told me which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Also let me know from when you are getting this particular problem. Finally tell me have you done any recent changes on the computer in terms of hardware or software? I am asking for the curiosity which antivirus do you have installed on the system of yours?

Re: KB 2393802 seems to install correctly but it is offered again after installation

You can use the following instruction if you are using Windows XP SP 3 on the computer of yours. As far as I know this particular update KB2393802 is associated with kernel update of the OS. It will not update successfully until and unless there is an OEM system. Well in order to get this update you have download it from the DownloadCenter. You have to download and save the file. You have to use the following command on the command prompt and hit enter.
    Code:
    C:\Downloads\WindowsXP-KB2393802-x86-ENU.exe /o
    Once you have executed the above mentioned command you have to restart the computer and I think doing above mentioned stuff you will not reoffered update again and again.

I am providing following steps which you can use to find out whether update is installed or not.
    • You have to click on Start and go for All Programs and simply go for Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
    • You have to click on Review your update history.
    • You have to search for recent entry for the update. You have to observe icon which is provided in to status icon. If the color of icon is green then that particular update installed. Incase icon is red then
    • update is not installed on the computer of yours. Another thing you can do is to view the installation log file.
    • You have to enter ‘%Windir%\KBnnnnnn.log’ command without quotes on the command prompt and press enter.

Have you installed any antivirus program on your computer? If your answer is no then I think this problem is associated with virus or spyware attack on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should install update antivirus on the computer of yours and perform virus scan on it. You can find such software on the internet. According to my opinion you should go for Kaspersky and run a scan.

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you should try to update windows in to safe mode. You have to download the update on the computer.
    • Reboot your computer and enter in to safe mode by pressing F8 key from the keyboard. In safe mode almost process are disabled which are running by the OS including Windows Update service. It will help you to determine which application or process is causing the problem.
    • You have to double click on the update in order to install on the system.
    • Once you have completed you have to restart the computer.

If all the above mentioned solution did not help you to fix the problem then I am suggesting you that you should contact Microsoft Product Support for further assistance.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for All Programs and click on Windows Update
    • Now simply click on Get help and support and use the instruction which is provided on the Website
    I am hoping that this solution helps you to fix the issue.