Thread: Windows XP is failing to have an access on a shared printer

Windows XP is failing to have an access on a shared printer

I am having two desktop machines with me and both of them are connected to each other in the network. One of the systems is having windows XP and the other one is having windows 7 operating system installed on them. Now the thing here is that I have also installed the printer in the network where I have both the machines are programmed to have an access on the same which I use as a shared device. But the system which is having the windows XP OS is unable to have the control on the printer and I really don’t know why it is so. So please help me in this case and let me know what I can do to solve this one.

Re: Windows XP is failing to have an access on a shared printer

If this is the issue then the appropriate drivers are not installed on the windows XP system that you are using. It happens if the printer compatible drivers are yet not installed on the computer system which you are using then it seems to me that they are not in the appropriate condition to cope with the system. So what you have to do here is that try and download the perfect drivers and then you have to just install the same on your system and see how it goes. I hope that this will definitely help you out of the same.

As said by you that the printer is easily accessible by the windows 7 system but not but not by the windows XP. So what you have to do here is that remove the network connection and then you have to just wait for some time by keeping the system idle and then again install the same and see whether you are able to get the access. Actually it happens sometimes there is a problem with the connections that are made and which results in the failures of programs. But I guess doing the same you will definitely able to solve the issue.

The print server is internal to the printer or an external box is very expensive now, it can connect the printer IMP2 on a network port RJ45. IMP2 will be recognized as an independent computer on the network, it will be connected the same way that the PC1, 2 or 3 with a RJ45 cable to the switch. Using a print server allows any computer (PC1, 2 or 3) use the printer without any other machine on the print server that we had at the beginning, c ' is to say PC1 is replaced by the print server to the printer. It is then, as we said recognized as a full-fledged computer, it will have an IP address and communicate with the same protocols as computers. Using a print server cannot be explained because it is totally different for each server, but I still guess that it will help you out in this one.

I think there is the proper way that will help you to solve the issue here and to do the same you just need to follow the below mentioned steps.
    • To start unwrap the Control Panel by get on "Start" then "Control Panel":
    • Twice do a click on "Printers and Faxes"
    • You should see your printers appear. Right click on the one you want to share then click "Properties":
    • A window opens, click the Sharing tab
    • So first you have to just check out with "Share this printer".
    • Keep one thing in mind that you may get a message like "Are you aware of the risks"
    • And if such message pop ups then you have to just click OK nothing else.
    • Later on a small hand under the printer icon, which means that the printer is shared