Thread: PHP unable to work on Mac OS 10.6.6

PHP unable to work on Mac OS 10.6.6

I have a Mac OS in my PC.I am learning PHP and I want to install the PHP on my PC for my convenience. Now I am unable to install it because of some unwanted errors. I tried to install it but it failed. After that I restarted the server as well as the computer. But after that when I try to load the PHP script, it just shows the code. What I have done is place the code "<? Php phpinfo () ;?>" in a file in my sites folder. I made sure that the file ends with PHP. Also I tried to load the file but even it didn’t work. I think there is something going wrong with my installation process. Please help me out and let me know about it.

Re: PHP unable to work on Mac OS 10.6.6

I had a look at your query and I feel that there is something wrong in your installation process. The Mac OS is a user friendly OS and it will allow you to install the PHP without any problem. You just need to install the PHP again to get rid of this problem. What you have to so is you need to follow the installation steps for PHP. Once you use those steps properly there won’t be any problem. And then you can start using PHP.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried installing the PHP as you said. I started from scratch to install PHP on my PC following the steps that are mentioned. But as I started installing entropy PHP if found that it doesn’t work on Snow Leopard. Everything was going right but then I think I have messed up with my system. I am not sure about it but I think there is some problem with the system. Do anyone know some kind of command that will tell me if Apache and PHP are communicating properly. Please come to me if you know about it.

I think you got it right. PHP 5.3.3 is already installed by default, and just needs to be enabled. But to begin with you should have enabled PHP, but since it didn't, that's a fair indication that your PHP installation has been messed up. The solution for this is that you have to install the system again. What you can do is you could just installing the system on top of the existing system and then updating everything again. Just make sure you've got a good set of backups first. It’s very important that you have to keep a backup because unless you keep then you will lose the data.