Thread: Snow Leopard’ The application Finder.app can't be opened’

Snow Leopard’ The application Finder.app can't be opened’

I have upgraded Snow Leopard at yesterday night from when I am having lots of trouble. Basically Time Machine and Disk is causing the most of trouble on the system of mine. I don’t know which one is causing crash consistently. Well when I tried to find out the problem I got something which I can be described as follow. ‘The application Finder.app can't be opened.-10810’. I tried with restarting my Mac but it did not help me to fix the problem of mine aging it crashed for second times. Can anyone help me out to fix the problems will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Snow Leopard’ The application Finder.app can't be opened’

Well looking at this situation I suspect that this problem is associated with new SL. In case Finder crashes you will see the above mentioned error message on SL. You can try to restart the Finder after happening of the Crash or do a forcefully quite before Finder recovers itself. Well it might take several minute to accomplish the process. In my situation it took around one minute to finish the process. I don’t recommend to do hard reset until and unless it is necessary to do. Since it might cause an application to corrupt which are opened?

Please let me know that how much free disk space available on the computer of yours. You have to simply right click on MacintoshHD icon and go for Get Info. You have to give look on Capacity and Available in Get Info window. You should see that there should be minimum of 1 0% to 15% free disk space available on the hard disk of yours. Another thing I recommend that you should try to delete preferences files. Those files are as follows.
    com.apple.finder.plist

com.apple.TimeMachine.plist

com.apple.DiskUtility.plist
    • You can find all the above files in to /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences.
    • You have to drag all the mentioned files in to Trash and make Trash empty and restart your computer.

Well I was having the same problem which you have posted in your thread. I have found that this particular problem happens when I am dealing Drobo which is plugged through DroboShare. Everything works fine for the moment but after a moment the same error message on the screen. It is well known that Drobo uses SMB hence I suspect that there is something wrong with Snow Leopard implementation of Samba. For your information I am having latest Firmware of both Drobo and the DroboShare.

The problem which you have posted here is a kind of universal problem as far as Snow Leopard and Mac is concerned. Well I am providing a particular solution to fix the problem of yours. I have launched the Terminal on the compute of mine. Afterward I have run Mount command on the terminal to find out what amount of volume is currently mounted on it. I have found that I have mounted volume which was used by the Windows machine which has been shutdown. So I have simply unmounted the volume and tried to restart the finder from when I am not having any problem.

You can solve the problem of your ny simply turning off the time machine on the computer of mine. I was getting error -41 when I was attempting to copy large directory from the other location. I have disconnected the all my external hard disks on which two hard disk was having Time Machine on it. Mainly on the Sever and another for the backup from the all the computers which was connected on the network. After restarting the computer I have find that this was happening due to Time Machine and I have simply turn off the same. From when no problem persists on the system of mine. So try will above mentioned thing and let me know it helped you out or not.