Thread: A program with unreadable path is not making any connection in windows 7

A program with unreadable path is not making any connection in windows 7

I had a Windows XP but recently I switched to Windows 7. In Windows 7 I am facing an issue. The issue is with file permission. Consider that there is a path as N:\applications\myapp\app.exe where N: is some network drive. In this path the part app.exe gets executed but we cannot list the part N:\applications. So this makes the application to start but if it tries to make a network connection it fails. This used to work properly in Windows XP but when I switched to Windows 7 it started giving this problem. So please help me out with this.

Re: A program with unreadable path is not making any connection in windows 7

I had a look at your issue and I think you should make some changes in granting access. A read access is to be given on the application that is not working. Here in this case you need to give a read access on N:\application. If you give read access to this directory then the application will work and you can check out the list of applications. So give the access rights to make the connections in Windows 7.This will make the application to start and will also help you in making proper network connection which will also work properly in Windows 7.

Looking at the issue I feel that it should not have even worked in XP. The application that is present is in relevance of the user. There are quite a few differences in the security issues as far as Windows XP and Windows 7 is concerned. This can be the reason that it may be preventing the application from accessing data on a network location that it cannot read. There is something coded within the application that is incompatible with the security features of Windows 7.

The path N:\applications\myapp\app.exe has network applications in it. We can make network connections in it as well while it is working in Windows 7. The thing which can be done is that you open a network connection, like netcat. Place netcat in a network folder with execute permission, but without read permission. If you do this then it will execute and also makes network connection. This will make the path to work properly along with the applications. Also the network connections will not fail while working in Windows 7.