Thread: unable to browse the internet when copying large files in windows 7

unable to browse the internet when copying large files in windows 7

I have a windows 7 operating system in my computer. Recently when I was trying to copy large amount of files in the network my browser did hang for some time and after resuming I found that it was very difficult browsing the internet. The page was taking a lot of time to load. Sometimes I was getting the connection timed out. Well I had a check with the broadband settings and everything was quite perfect. I think so the problem started while transferring the files in the network. Only after that I was facing some problem in the browsing. So can I get any suggestion from anyone?

Re: unable to browse the internet when copying large files in windows 7

I would recommend you to try the same method in the safe mode of the networking and then see whether it is working perfectly or not. If it is running perfectly there then there must be some issue with the browser that you are having. So do accordingly work on the browser that you are having and try running your system in the safe mode. I think that will be the perfect solution for you. In case you do not have much knowledge about this particular safe mode option then I would advice you to have a look in the Microsoft websites you will definitely get some vital information there.

According to me the problem is with the browser. Well I would advice you to tr browsing the internet with different browser you will definitely be able to get some type of solution there, also one more piece of advice that I would like to give you here is that do try working on the small files and ensure that you are sending small amount of files everytime while you are trying to send and receive the file. So I think that will definitely be of much help for you. So start working on the suggestions that I have given here. It will definitely be of much help for you.

Well I did try with all the suggestions that you have given here. Well let me tell you that I don’t think so the matter is particularly of the size of the file because I have tried sending the file which is of 80 MB In the network and still I was getting problem while I was browsing the internet. This was really frustrating. As per your suggestion I have worked with all the browsers that are available today including Mozilla firefox, opera. All of them have the same problem. So I think the main source of the issue is something else. Since it is giving me the same result in the safe mode as well. So I expect some other suggestions from you all. I hope you will be able to help with this. Thanks.

Well one piece of advice that I would definitely like to give here is that try working on the Microsoft network monitor. The new version that is available In the market is the version 3.4 so what this network monitor will do is that it will scan all the networks and the network traffic that is present in the system. so that will give you an exact idea of the network traffic. So that will give you the idea of what is the problem in the network, so whenever you are trying to copy some file in the network start the Microsoft network monitor. After having done that whenever you are trying to open the browser stop the Microsoft network monitor. Try with this suggestion and let me know whether it works or not.

If the problems is not getting solved wit h he above method as well then I would advice you to run the network troubleshooter in your system. probably that will do a proper check in the network regarding this issue and it will advice you accordingly on what can be done further. I think troubleshooter is a very vital tool made by the Microsoft people which does helps a lot of people to solve their issue. So it is a very helpful too do have a look in it and it will definitely help you.