Thread: How to open a locked folder on Windows 7

How to open a locked folder on Windows 7

I am using windows 7 operating system since last 4 months. I am finding very easy in operating this system but somebody has blocked few important files from the system. These files are very vital from business point of view .so can anybody help me out in this .How can I access locked folders and files in my system. When I checked the security setting it tells that you have full access permission even though I cannot access those files and documents. So somebody please help me out?

Re: How to open a locked folder on Windows 7

Yes I will tell you how to access locked file and folders in windows operating system. I will tell you few points which you have to follow in sequence to unlock your files and folders. First go to folder and search option in that click on organize Then click on show hidden files and folders option. There you will find option hide protected operating system files un-tick after doing this you will get one warning message clear it by clicking on ok button. now you have got the privileges of accessing all locked files and folders.

In windows operating system frequently used application for locking personal files and folder is folder locker. Mostly people use the same application to lock variety of files which they either want to hide or protect from unauthorized access. Here I will be telling you some tricks to unlock. Open windows in C drive and then try to find option regedit. double click you will see HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE click then find the file name and open it after that find the name EverStrike just double click it .this will open LF30 By clicking this all selected file names will come with password ,now delete all password .Now you can access all blocked files by using all these process.

First of all locate the file or folder of which you want to get access privilege. Once you find out its exact location then right click on the selected file or folder select properties from the context menu. Next click on edit option confirm UAC elevation request by submitting ok option. Then you need to select users or group of users from permission windows. Now you will see some option which you can grant to your users. Check the rights which you want to grant to allow access or not .if you check full control then it will give user full complete access. After all these set up finally click on ok button to activate all these effects on selected files.

Whenever you try to access any blocked file it will ask for some short of administrator password. To lock or unlock any file or folder right click on that folder or files select properties option. go for editing properties there you will find a pop up window where find group and user names option ,select user or group whom you want to give access right for any particular files. There are three action which can be assigned to any user allow, deny and modify. By denying that person cannot access and we can grant access clicking on allow. After some time if you want to change the access right you can modify the granted privileges to users.

Lucy66 Guest

for opening locked folders in Window 7: Window 7 treats some folders as Junction points,
    what has happened is:
    1, Click organize ---> folders and search Options' ---> View Tab.
    2, Click "Show hidden files and folders".
    3, Untick "Hide protected operating systemfiles (recomended):
    4, Click yes to clear the warning
    5,Click OK:

You must have done this in first place to generate a list of all junction points and their targets.
    To do this, click Start, type COM into "start search" field and click "Command Prompt"
    Then type CD\ and press Enter to change to the root folder,and type DIR /AL/S for the list.
    Although Upper-case letters are shown to avoidmisinterpreting lower-case L as 1 or i,you can however use lower case letters;
    Add: c:\users\<username>\documents\junction.txt
    at end of DIR command then open the Junction.txt in Notepad.

Hope it helps!