Thread: Acer Aspire M5640 powers on but does not boot

Acer Aspire M5640 powers on but does not boot

My friend was doing his project on his Computer. Suddenly computer got shut down. He called me to tackle the problem. He is having Accer desktop that is equipped with windows XP, 1 GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Pentium HT3.00 processor. System does not show anything on Monitor. I think System does not boot. When I turn on the computer, monitor shows “No Signal” message. I could not see POST on screen. I brought this Comp to my home and connected to my monitor. Again same “no signal” message is being shown on monitor. Has any got the same problems? Please help me to get out of this problem.

Re: Acer Aspire M5640 powers on but does not boot

Same problem encountered with my Comp. when turned on the power button. Monitor showed “no signal” message. Even CPU power light were lightening (green light) And Power supply fan were working. Then I came to know my monitor is working well and issue is with my CPU, So, I turned off power switch. Open the case of the CPU and again started CPU. I found that my processor fan was not working. Because of overheat of processor it got damage. So I had replaced the processor. Now my PC is working well. Finally I come to know one thing, if ever you do not getting any display on screen. Don’t keep your system turned on for long time. If there is problem with the processor’s fan. It can burn your processor and it will cost you more.

I also faced the same problem. So just remove your power cord and reconnect it after 1minute then turn on your system. If this does not work then turn off the system and open the case of CPU. Look for loose connection. Check either monitor cable is properly connected to CPU or not. Or display cable on motherboard is fixed or not. Or it would be the problem because the RAM. So remove the RAM rub it and put it again. So troubleshoot step by step. Please turn off your PC before your take out your RAM.

I have same issue of no display on my monitor. As you said to remove the power cord for a minute and connected it again my SMPS fan is working.But problem not solved. I also removed Ram, rubbed it and placed where it was actually. Again turned on the PC, even though facing same problem. My processor fan is working very well. I removed the display wire and put it again. What is the actual problem? Should I call up an Engineer? Any help would be appriciated.

There may be problem with your RAM. It may be bad. Remove this RAM and get checked in your friend COMP. When you put it in another COMP if system shows POST means RAM is working. There may problem with your display cable on motherboard. If it is also okay. Check your monitor cable running to system is connected properly. There may loose connection. Else there is problem with display card on your motherboard. Now you have two option either buy a Graphic card for display or buy a new motherboard, both will cost same. If want save your money you can also buy a normal display card.