Thread: Window Update error "WindowsUpdate_0000066A"

Window Update error "WindowsUpdate_0000066A"

Windows Update is failed while installing SQL Server SP3 (KB955706). I installed that from myself, but still obtain the similar error in Windows Update. I assumed the bug will disappear when Windows Update was that the SP3 was installed. Does anyone be acquainted with that how am I able to get rid of this error message? So if you guys have any suggestion regarding the same so please help me as soon as it is possible for you.

Re: Window Update error "WindowsUpdate_0000066A"

According to me you have to try to clear the software distribution folder. In the same initially you have to empty the software distribution folder

1. Tick Start, tick Run, type services.msc, and then tick OK.
    2. In the Services (Local) pane, click Automatic Updates and then tick Stop.
    3. And after that you have to minimize the Services (local) window.
    4. And just after that you have to choose all the contents of the Windows distribution folder, and delete them.
    5. Make sure that the Windows distribution folder is empty, and then make the most of the Services (local) window.
    6. In the Services (Local) pane, click Automatic Updates and then click Start.
    7. Restart the computer and then run Windows Update again.

Please let us know if this helps everyone and if you still get the error message above.

I did everything. The upgrade screen has no updates. So because of that I restarted the computer and download from Microsoft. NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Update for Windows 2000, and for both xp and vista and Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297). A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and control. You are able to help protect your system if you install this update from Microsoft. After installing this update, you may require to reboot. This is what all tricks I have done in order to get free from this but nothing works in my case so if you guys have any suggestion on the same so please help me.

You're right. There is no such list of services as "automatic updates." I think the representative of Microsoft meant to indicate "Windows Update", as the inclusion of reliable service. Click "Windows Update" and select "Stop" and then continue with the procedure. If you leave the program and feature within your control panel and view the list for Microsoft NET Framework 1.1, click on it and then see if you can choose the option to uninstall or change the control panel. I tried to uninstall and get the error: "This action is only valid for products currently installed." Apparently, this indicates that the update is not installed as registry shows that already there when in fact they may not. I suspect this is why the update will not install at least in my case. I used the Clean Microsoft to utility and unfortunately do not show this item so you can retry the upgrade. I have yet to find a solution for my debacle.

You just go for this I am sure that it will help you because it worked in my case. First thing which you have to go to the Control Panel; tick Programs and then Programs and Features located MICROSOFT. NET Framework 4 CUSTOMER PROFILE double click on it a pop-up choose REPAIR. NET Framework 4 CUSTOMER PROFILE instructions tick next and follow, when finished try to run the update again, that tried everything, but it really worked.

It worked perfectly!! Thanks!