Thread: windows 7 PC freezes after plug in HP laserjet printer

windows 7 PC freezes after plug in HP laserjet printer

I am having a HP laserjet printer, this is running with windows 7 OS. the printer is attached with my recently bought Dell inspiron one desktop computer. the problem is, whenever I plug the printer via USB cable into my system, the system completely hangs, nothing is responding during that time. i need to stop the execution of those programs from the background of the machine, I can understand whether this is for the printer or for the any other hardware device, is there anyone having similar issue en or any information or any information on this?

Re: windows 7 PC freezes after plug in HP laserjet printer

According to my opinion, this is completely happening for the graphics driver, which is installed in your machine. For that I would like to recommend you only one suggestion. Simply try once reloading the graphics driver, I think for the printer software program that one it corrupted. And for this it creating this problem. insert the driver installation disk and enter into the device manager, from ether right click on the device driver and choose advanced recommended option, it will direct you to locate and run the installation process. I hope by this you will surely able to overcome from the problem.

As per my opinion, the problem is occurring for the printer driver, because as per my knowledge the driver is also work while you are connecting the printer, so I think this one corrupted nay way. And this will be resolved by reload the driver. For that run the installation process from the disk, it will first ask you to remove the existing one and then will ask you to load the driver again into you system. Just few months ago I was also facing similar issue, after that one of my friend suggest me to do this process, I did and the problem is solved. So I think this will also help you to overcome from the problem.

Though the error message is comes with the windows version, so this should be for the OS that is installed in your machine. I would like to suggest you to go for the windows repair option. For that insert os installation disk into the CD ROM drive and press f8 after the manufacturer logo will appear into the screen. It will proceed you into the installation window, and directs you to select the driver to install the OS. Select the primary driver and begin the format process. Then it will automatically load the operating system into the selected drive. I hope by this process you will surely be able to resolve the issue.

The problem also might be occurred, while you plug the printer there might be anything wrong thing happened and for this some of the windows files are missing to corrupted there. Those are files are needed to launch the printer application. So if this type of problem happened in your system, then I think by one process the problem can be solved. Simply reload the operating system. Insert windows installation disk ad reboot your machine it will directly boot the disk and appear the installation disk, from there click on install now button, and follow the loading instruction. It will replace the older windows file with the newly loaded windows log file. Go through this, I hope it will surely help you.