Thread: Can MeeGo be Fling or Airplay Equivalent

Can MeeGo be Fling or Airplay Equivalent

Hello friends , this is my first post on this forum and so I will hope that I will get some good and relevant answers for the query which I have. With the advent of the Meego in each and every applications that we virtually use today, I would want to know that can we make this Meego run smoothly with the feature that the Airplay provides to us. As in the Airplay we can stream audio and video to which ever room of the house that we want, which is similar to the fling technology that the Google Tv uses.What I would want is that to stream audio and video from a MeeGo netbook or phone to a MeeGo TV. So what do you all think about implement this, if it is made possible then I think that it will be great functionality

Re: Can MeeGo be Fling or Airplay Equivalent

Hey friend its really nice of you to come up with such a good idea so as to implement the Meego with the Apples Airplay technology, I think that with the evolution of the Meego 1.2 is currently in process we can think that the Meego authorities should certainly look in implementing the same technology that you have mentioned in your post. With this Meego will become the Ideal operating system to use and almost the entire planet will make use of the Meego operating system only and that this will be really hard for the rest to the operating system to conquer it.

I think that this is possible and effective when we get a simple User Interface because I think that some of the users are still very reluctant to go with this operating system because they fear of getting something wrong using this. The very amazing and the interactive feature that the Meego operating system gives to us is only because of the very complex development of the codes along with the user interface. So I think that if more feature the operating system will try to implement in its source code the more complex it will get for the user. They should really think in making the system as simple as possible so that each and every one of us can make use of it.

Yes why not ,full marks to the idea that you have bring out in open, I think that with Meego compatible with all of the device that is available now a days so I think that making the Meego implement the Fling or Airplay technology will surely be a piece of cake for the developers and yes on of the most important thing that has to be maintained is that Meego should not compromise with the security or the reliability that it gives to the customers. If I am not wrong I think that DLNA and UPnP will precisely help the Meego in making this thing possible.

I have dropped a mail to the Meego authorities about the idea that you have mentioned in the post and they have responded to me saying that they will surely think of implementing your idea in the next version of the Meego that is going to be released. As compared to all the operating system that is available Meego is termed as the most economic of them all. Apples will really going to have a hard time when Meego comes up this technology in its future release.

Sure why not you can easily install the Meego operating system on the Nook Color that you are currently using with the help of a usb boot. You can download the Meego image and install the same on the usb drive and with the help of a boot loader you can install the same in your device. The device contains the ARM based processor so I think that this Meego operating system will surely run on the device, also it have too much of expandable memory so the performance will also be good with this .