Thread: Does OS X Lion run iOS applications

Does OS X Lion run iOS applications

I have noticed on some websites and forums that 10.7 will be able to sprint iPhone applications inhabitant. Possibly they thought that while they heard that OSX would obtain an app store, similar to the Mac app store that is out at present, Lion would be able to sprint iOS apps (All the applications in the iPhone app store). Will Mac be able to sprint iPhone applications "natively" or is this all only a misinterpretation of the app store for Mac?

Re: Does OS X Lion run iOS applications

No. Even if there was a few possibility of being able to sprint iOS applications, they will not at all sprint "natively," as they're amassed for ARM processors, when the Mac utilizes the x64 architecture. Apple has not proclaimed nor are they predictable to proclaim, any plans to permit iOS applications to sprint straight on the Mac anyways. I would quite it stay that way. IOS applications are intended for a little Touchscreen, not a customary computer OS.

From my viewpoint, in spite of ARM/Intel x64 platforms, it appears Apple possibly blurring the lines between OS X and iOS. In excess of the years since the iPhone and iOS App Store let go, Apple has slowly increased focus on iOS (I memorize while Mac Rumors was abuzz with OS X 10.5/.6 beta news). Could Apple cipher an iOS-like desktop environment, and merge the iOS/OS X App Store? There is converse which the Apple TV 2 may have an App Store. IDK, with the 23" or 30" CCFL LCD devoted LCD line being restored by slimmed down iMac panels, Shake being felled, Final Cut Pro growths lacking, lack of 10.7 beta liberates for developers and just one tad of news in a year on OS X, Apple appears extra concerned in iOS. Present programming and potential aside, who knows if Apple will switch processors or ciphering and so on and blur these lines.

The cause Apple dropped Shake was because they weren’t crafting cash from it (while everybody has purchased the licenses they require and there isn’t a possibility of it being better because Apple CBA - there isn’t a market - and no one was actually picking it up latterly because its finish was kindle understandable, and to expand Shake 5 would’ve kept the rivalry with Motion going (I have Shake 4 through a Academic License, and I have relocated in excess of to Motion 4 as Shake just does some things improved in terms of what I in fact utilized). Final Cut Pro is in growth, as their hiring for the team; on the other hand I think they may be lastly rewriting it as Final Cut Pro X - lastly Final Cut Pro can effort with in excess of 4 cores competently.

As I appreciate Apple did a bit even more cost effectual. They invest complete cash and gave some guys day jobs to effort on the LLVM open source project. Utilizing the LLVM compiler chain they don't completely produce ARM or x 86 codes but cipher for a Virtual Machine which can after that be translated on the soar to either platform. On Macs the shipping cipher can keep on in this Universal format as the runtime VM has optimization fixed. As well if the LLVM team gets better the quality of the runtime after that the Application can take benefit of those perfections devoid of any updates. On an ARM device the hit of running the VM might be perceived so they possibly go the last step and full native cipher for the shipping product. I was of the impression that the simulator was a construct of iOS and the test APP which was left in LLVM cipher.