Thread: What do you think about new features of Mac OS X Lion

What do you think about new features of Mac OS X Lion

While Apple previously displayed some of the new features of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, like the new Mission Control, launch pad, etc I think the new features are revolutionary. What all changes do you guys see or think is going to come? Please post what have you noticed and what do you think might be up in this major release of the OS?

Re: What do you think about new features of Mac OS X Lion

Have you looked at the images that Apple has released for Lion? The dock has changed a bit as it has no indicators which can let you know which applications are opened and which are not. Generally, finder and the doc had such indicators. I guess apple will bring touch in Mac OS. Will will be great. Windows 7 has brought multitouch already. Hope apple brings it soon. And i also noticed the keynote where the dock was zoomed and it had no indicators for opened applications.

I guessit has someting to do with the idea of applications in Ios open, and you close everything. Start the machine and moment you start it again, everything will stay where they were in the past. Maybe they are revolutionizing the ability of multitasking in Mac OS X. It will be like default hibernation instead of shutdown which might be called as fastboot. May be! The only thing we can do it wait and watch what lion has to unfold. There are too much GUI changes i guess. Also the OS will be pure 64bit only. But then the old apps wont be running on it.

Whether a program is running or not is something very well since ancient times when resources were scarce. Times when you had to manually manage when it runs at a time. But those days are long gone. I'm not saying that everything cannot run at once, but if you stop thinking like that, although the design of an operating system that can implement new approaches to this. Many applications that we really do not have to run until you see them or interact with them.