Thread: Windows security does not allow to open any file keeps asking for the password

Windows security does not allow to open any file keeps asking for the password

I have a windows 7 professional edition In ym system. well I have some problem accessing some files and the folders in the windows 7. Well I have 2 computers in a home network and I being the administrator should have the rights to do anything with the file but still the windows security asks for the password before opening any file. I think windows security is behaving In a very strange way since I have not set any password or security settings for the file. So what can be the problem here? Do reply with your responses as early as possible.

Re: Windows security does not allow to open any file keeps asking for the password

Well there may be a possibility that you must have kept the files security feature enabled and you might not be aware of that hence it is giving such problem. Well you being the administrator can access full control on all your files and the folders. So I have some steps for you do follow it
    1) Assuming that you are having the administrator right go to the my computer. Right click on the icon that is showing you the my computer sign.
    2) Right click on any of the drives, select the properties, select the group or the user name.
    3) Once you have selected that go to the permission and select the allow full control option and save the changes.
    Do try with the option and you will be able to access all the files in the drives.

Re: Windows security does not allow to open any file keeps asking for the password

If none of the above solution did not work out for you then I have another method for you
    1) Firstly you have to go to the file which is not allowing you to access it.
    2) Once you have selected the file right click on it and go to the properties, then go to the security settings.
    3) Once you have selected the security settings, go to the advanced sharing options, you will get the password protect sharing option. You will have to turn that feature off.
    4) It will ask for some credential and there you will have to specify the administrator account as the details there and you have to check the remember me option.
    Once done with that then check whether it asks for the password while accessing the files.

Hey thanks for the appropriate solution that you have given, well let me tell you that your solutions have really worked out for me. The step by step solution that you have given for disabling the password protects sharing option has really helped me. Now it is not asking me for any password. At first I was having very difficulty accessing many folders and also the files. I need to thanks you all for all the suggestions that you have given in order to solve the issue. Really appreciate your efforts.