Thread: Installing XBMC on MeeGo or Boxee

Installing XBMC on MeeGo or Boxee

Can anyone know how to install XBMC on Boxee or MeeGo. For boxee follow the steps as I found on the web and just download the boxee sources (they are .tar.bz2) and go after the similar steps. They told that you will require installing my hal package though. So anyone present some more featurehow should do that to install inside the Meego? I've been fraught with this all night irritating to build from source using XBMC dependencies as well as with the guide but I've had no fortune.

Re: Installing XBMC on MeeGo or Boxee

I'm not certain exactly what you require, to use the most recent from stalk? If using ubuntu (which is what XBMC live is) - the easiest is to utilize the team XBMC's app or utilize something similar to the xbmc-git pkg from AUR for archlinux. I utilize XBMC on archlinux and collect XBMC for meego. I exercise it on my netbook (meego) and on my acer revo (archlinux), and it is very pleasant. I'm not confident I recommend running get most recent all the time, you have to keep in mind while it was very stable for a long time before the 10.0 launch; it possibly will not be the circumstances as development starts for the next iteration of XBMC.

Installing the repositories for Meego can done thruogh following code:
    Code:
    sudo zypper ar repo.pub.meego /address:/arfoll:/xbmc/meego_1.0_core/ arfoll-xbmc
    sudo zypper ar repo.pub.meego /address:/arfoll:/utils/meego_1.0_core/ arfoll-utils
    I actually don't advocate this, unless it tell you to do it, or if you know what you are doing. I previously don't say the repo above will forever work but this one... It's a different world!
    Code:
    sudo zypper ar repo.pub.meego /address:/arfoll:/xbmc-testing/meego_1.1_core/ arfoll-xbmc-testing

The present XBMC build is SVN (dharma branch) r32806, which isn't the most recent but it's fairly steady for the Meego repositories to work well. I will move to latest ones ultimately but it is not to update this each day. The dependencies will almost certainly not be updated so long as the OBS remain compiling them very well. If you need a newer package for the meego that works and compiles in meego you need to replace one of the older ones though. There is no MythTV use in XBMC edition, as you eliminate all mysql dependencies with a patch. If anyone actually wants to do this, I can probably to find the renewable mysql/perl packages.