Thread: Why there is constant blue screen after coming from sleep mode

Why there is constant blue screen after coming from sleep mode

Whenever I am taking my computer out of sleep mode or at any time, then I am getting a blue screen error everytime. This will happen every alternative days. I have checked that all the driver files for every device is installed with the latest update but still the error continues. I dont know what should I do to fix this problem. So if anyone can tell me how do I solve this issue then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: Why there is constant blue screen after coming from sleep mode

First of all try to uninstall and reinstall a graphics card driver and see if the problem persists. After that go to Start and in the Search box type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. Now go to Device Manager and then expand video card driver and right click on it and click uninstall. Now restart your computer and after this the drivers will get installed automatically after the reboot.

Re: Why there is constant blue screen after coming from sleep mode

If the above solution doesnt work for you then try to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
    2. Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should type the password or provide confirmation.
    3. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    5. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Follow the whole steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

There could be memory corruption in your pc. The problem that you are facing could be caused by the RAM, so to find that out you need to run memtest to check it. Just search and download the Memtest86 tool and bur its ISO to a CD using any burning software. After that boot from the CD and then leave it running for atleast 5 to 6 passes. If the Memtest reports errors then it is definitely the RAM which is bad or could bea bad mobo slot.