Thread: Unable to start KDE

Unable to start KDE

hello I have a problem with my kde. I am new to linux and I wanted to change my username and my name and when kubuntu asked me to create a folder I refuse. As a result, the system returns me this whenever I want to connect: "cannot enter home directory. Using /." and "kstartup confi4 does not exist or fails. So please help me in order to get rid from this issue.

Re: Unable to start KDE

I think you are getting like this because you already, log in console mode, root password with "sudo-i" and creates a link from your old to your new user name so in this you just follow this I hope this will help you.Try to connect graphically. If it does not work, post returns:
    • Ls-l / home
    • Getent passwd | grep / home
    • Ls-l / home / * /

You're stuck in the command so in order to get rid from this you can also use my method also in that you have to type "sudo ln-s totobeck / home / totobec. And after that you just removes the link that you created by mistake: rm / home / totobeck / totobec .Try again to connect you and if that does not work, returns the result of three commands as you have done very well in the previous post. So this much you have to in order to get rid from this issue.

In this I think that or it is also probable that a few corruption or ownership/permission matter has exaggerated the hidden .kde folder in your home directory, prevent the login. If you are willing to give up your prior KDE "settings" which is wallpaper, icons on the desktop, icons on the panel, etc., then you are able to (from the recovery console, as root) simply delete the .kde directory and also the contents which are in this. At your next login, it will be re-created "as new", with no special settings in effect.