Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 installation hangs at the end

Ubuntu 10.10 installation hangs at the end

Hello actually I'm trying to install ubuntu on my pc. Actually I install the release version 10.10 32bit desktop live CD instead of any other OS. And it crashes. Everything happens supposedly to "almost finished copying files ", then it goes" When you want ", and that's it. It does not move, no possibility of doing something "when I want" to share the PC off. And of course Linux is not installed. Someone has an idea of what's happening?

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 installation hangs at the end

Hello, While I do not understand the second part of the message (nothing weird installation disk ...) an idea crossed my mind anyway: did you check the integrity of the cd before install? Could be more your details (see screenshots) on the install? So I hope this will more help us in order to get the proper solution for your issue. And please try to do this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

My problem is I installed Ubuntu 10.10 live cd, I run the cd as its various proposals suggested: try without installing, installation, verify the disk, test the memory, boot from the first drive the memory test works but not the rest, and when I press enter and it launches what it gets stuck on a black screen knowing I is not no bones that it is a new config and it has not any drivers installed my card GRAPHIC is a sapphire hd 3870, thank you in advance for response.

Hello, It is a live CD edition so that is why you guys have to buy on the site counter? Because I take this position: Of the 20 CD 10.04: my 2 cd posed the same problems! And of the 20 CD 10.10: 3 cd completed installation (rather quickly I think) but just restart the console! And till now I do not have any kind of issue in my case. So I must tell you guys to go for this I am sure it will help you in order to get proper solution.