Thread: New Toshiba laptop gets stuck in’ Preparing to configure Windows.Do not turn off your computer’ screen

New Toshiba laptop gets stuck in’ Preparing to configure Windows.Do not turn off your computer’ screen

I have recently brought a Toshiba laptop it had a windows 7 operating system pre installed in it. I was very much happy about it. I opened it and activated the various antivirus software that was there with me. I also had a check with the wifi connection of the laptop it all sounded good. Well the problem came when I was trying to close the windows. It gave me a message saying that ‘Preparing to configure Windows.Do not turn off your computer’. The screen appears for about an hour. This is quite frustrating. So many a times I have to switch off the laptop directly. I have even tried removing the batter and checked it. Then also it did not gave me any result. So if you have any appropriate solutions for me then do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: New Toshiba laptop gets stuck in’ Preparing to configure Windows.Do not turn off your computer’ screen

Well my advice would be to have a setup repair of the windows 7 done as early as possible. There might be a possibility that the installation of the windows might have not done properly. So running a setup repair would be a better advice for you as of now. Other than that you can try checking for the latest windows update that are available for your system. Get your windows updated with the latest version of the windows available in the Microsoft websites. I think this would be the correct option for you. Just try it and let me know if it works or not.

Re: New Toshiba laptop gets stuck in’ Preparing to configure Windows.Do not turn off your computer’ screen

I think it is a defective piece and it is advisable to have it replaced. So do try getting it replaced as early as possible. Do try talking to the Toshiba people about the problem and ask for the replacement of the product. They might replace the laptop or would repair it without any cost. If you want you can do some changes in the system by the solutions which are specified here. Otherwise you can go with the method that I have given you. Do go ahead with this method only it will definitely help you.

Well even I think that I must get this laptop replaced as early as possible. Since I have tried looking for many solutions In the internet none of them have given me any desired results. I think it must be faulty pieces that’s why it is giving such a problem. I will have a talk with the Toshiba people regarding this problem and i hope I will get out of this particular problems as soon as possible. Anyways thanks for the necessary suggestions that you have given to tackle my issue. I Appreciate your efforts that you have taken to help me solve my issue.