Thread: sfc found corrupt files but was unable to solve.

sfc found corrupt files but was unable to solve.

My laptop, which I newly upgraded to Windows 7 from windows Vista, has been sometimes locking up on me. I ran sfc /scannow, as well as received the following error: Windows Resource Protection create corrupt files however was unable to solve some of them. Details are integrated in the CBS. Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. OK. Now what do I execute? I found a "How to examine the log file access that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker program produce", however it does not provide a clue as to what to do regarding a "cannot repair" entry. Any help?

Re: sfc found corrupt files but was unable to solve.

Make an effort to execute clean boot in addition to make sure if any of the third party applications are the reason behind the problem. To observe which startup application is causing the trouble. Clean Boot will assist you initiate your PC by utilizing a minimal set of drivers as well as startup programs so that you be able to resolve whether a background program or some of the third party service is interfering with your program. You have to select Start and then Type msconfig in the Search field also select ENTER. On the General tab, you have to select Selective Startup. In Selective Startup, select to clean the Load Startup Items box. hit the Services tab, select to choose the Hide the entire Microsoft Services check box, in addition to after that choose Disable All. Select OK. If the PC boots well after clean boot, after that there are a few non Microsoft applications causing the trouble.

Once you observe the application which is causing the trouble, i would advise you to uninstall as well as reinstall the application. if you cannot get the issue then you be able to utilize tool sfc/scannow to repair the system files. You have to go to an elevated command prompt. To perform this, press on Start, then you have to press All Programs, Accessories, subsequently right-select Command Prompt, as well as afterward select Run as administrator. Then you have to Type the following commands in addition to select ENTER: sfc /scannow sfc / scannow. The sfc / scannow command scans the entire protected system files as well as replaces wrong edition with right Microsoft versions of.

You have to make an effort to do disk cleanup to eliminate temporary files from the Pc. For that cleans up files related with your user account. You be able to as well utilize Disk Cleanup to clean up the entire the files on your system. Then go to Disk Cleanup by selecting the Start key. In the search field, you have to type Disk Cleanup, plus after that, in the list of results, you have to select Disk Cleanup. In the Drives list, select the hard disk drive that you would like to clean up, in addition to subsequently select OK. In the Disk Cleanup dialog field, on the Disk Cleanup tab, pick the check boxes for the file types that you would like to delete, as well as after that press OK. In the message that comes into view, you have to select Delete files.

It seems like you may have a virus or malware which is the reason corruption. I recommend you update your anti-virus meaning as well as run a full system scan. in addition, confirm to have the Vista disc in the drive while running SFC, this is where it get back the accurate file detail. You might as well attempt doing a clean boot before trying to run SFC, to observe if a startup program may be contradictory with it: