Thread: Grub won’t allows to install Windows 7

Grub won’t allows to install Windows 7

I have recently brought new laptop. I was thinking to install Linux ubuntu. However I have selected incorrect option to install Linux on the laptop due to which I installed Linux permanently on the laptop and I have erased Windows 7 from the laptop of mine. Well I tried to install Windows 7 using recovery disc but after finishing the process it simply prompts an error message which can be stated as ‘unknown filesystem: Grub rescue.’ I am really frustrated with this situation and I am not having any idea to solve the matter. Please let me know if you are having any idea to solve the matter. Thanks in advance.

Re: Grub won’t allows to install Windows 7

In this particular situation I am suggesting you that you should use Diskpart.exe. Well its utility software which enables you to clean the hard disk of yours which you are using currently. After cleaning the hard disk you can install Windows on your system. By default this method you can use when you wanted to do clean installation of Windows based operating system. Well I let you know that you should take back up of the all the files from your system since during this process all the information and partition from the hard disk will be deleted.

I am going to give you brief information about the usage of Diskpart.exe. Well it consists of the following steps.
    1. You have to put DVD on your DVD drive.
    2. Now disk selection windows will prompt on the screen you have to press Shift and F10 simultaneously from the keyboard and command prompt will be launch on the screen.
    3. You have to enter diskpart on the command prompt and hit enter to launch diskpart tool.
    4. Now enter list disk on the command prompt and hit enter and it will display all the disk available on your system.
    5. Now you have to enter disk number for the particular hard disk which you wanted to clean . You have to enter sel disk number to achieve the same.
    6. Now enter det disk and press enter. It will display information regarding partitions on the hard disk. This information will help you to confirm that you have selected correct one.
    7. Now enter clean data it will delete all the information from the hard disk.
    8. Once you have finished enter exit to close command prompt.
    9. Now click on the Refresh button provided which will refresh the disk selection screen.
    Now you can start with Windows 7 installation on your computer.

Well I let you know that there are two ways to installing and reinstalling on the computer which can be stated as Upgrade and Custom. While upgrade you windows it will simply upgrade the windows with the current version it will not delete any files or settings from your computer where as in Custom installation it will replace your existing windows with Windows 7 by deleting all the settings and files from the hard disk.

I think is problem is associated with MBR (Master Boot Record) of your system. Well when you had installed Linux on your system master boot record will update with pointer of Grub bootloader. I am suggesting you that you should clear MBR from your system and install Windows from your computer. I think you should use Gparted or Partition Magic in this particular situation. You can simply boot and execute fdisk /mbr on the desire hard disk if you are using bootflopy of the Windows 98.by using this you will be remove all the entries from the Master Boot Record.