Thread: Desktop icons are replaced with word icon

Desktop icons are replaced with word icon

In my windows 7 compatible Dell inspiron laptop, all of the desktop icons are replaced with Microsoft word icon. But some of them are working. This problem is starts occurring from yesterday, when I was first open my machine at the morning, all of my desktop icons are appeared as the word icon. I tried by remove and restore the icons, but they still appearing same. What should I do now? How to resolve this problem? is it a software or the windows problem? any suggestion or information regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Desktop icons are replaced with word icon

I think this might be occurring for any malwarebyte in your machine, for that I suggest you to run windows Antimalware byte program, it will detect and remove that one from your machine, along with this scan your machine with a up to date antivirus program. I was also facing similar issue, after that I did a deep search on this, and then one of my friends was suggest me with the above mentioned process. I did and the problem is solved, by this I can easily regain the desktop icons in my machine screen. Go through this, I hope it will surely help you to resolve the problem.

Though the problem is with the Microsoft word, so first of all I suggest you to run the desktop cleanup process, you can locate this from properties of your desktop, by right click on the screen. Now from desktop tab, select the customize option, select the folders those you are willing to add in your desktop screen, now click on change ion option, browse and select any other icon for that particular folder. If the problem still occurring then I think you should go for the remove the Microsoft word application tool, now try to add the folders in your desktop screen, if the word is the cause of this problem then by this it will be resolved. Along with that you can also try once by the folder reset option, from folder and search option under Tool menu bar.

There is ultimate solution for this icon replacement problem, if the icon are still appearing in word icon, then be sure that the problem is for the operating system, where as I was also facing similar issue, which was occurred for the windows vista, it is installed in my machine. I also searched everywhere for the solution but did not found anything, after that I directly reload the operating system, and the problem is solved. And along with this you also require to install the software and other applications tools. Insert windows installation disk and start installation process, at the beginning it will ask you to remove the existing version, format the drive, and start the fresh installation process. Go through this, I hope it will help you somehow.