Thread: Windows vista freezes numerous time after install Firefox

Windows vista freezes numerous time after install Firefox

I am having a Dell XPS 16 laptop multimedia laptop, which is recently upgrade in to windows vista os. The machine is mainly using for entertainment purpose by both me and my brother. Along with this also some times for internet access. I installed Mozilla Firefox web browser application program, and the problem is with that. After install the browser the machine freezes in frequent time, not able to understand whether this is for the operating system or the browser application program. Is there anyone having any information about this problem? Suggest me any trick to overcome from this issue.

Re: Windows vista freezes numerous time after install Firefox

The problem might be occurring for the browser application, tough I was also acing similar issue in my machine, whenever I open the browser, it simply freezes for few time and after few time it will closes automatically. So after that I look for the solution of this problem, and found a simple solution for this, which is the reload process, did this, and the problem is solved. I also recommend you to remove the existing browser application program from your machine and also remove the other windows log file collaborating files. Now reload it, also like to suggest you to don’t apply any plug-in or addins in the browser application program. Some of the cases regarding the browser are caused for this.

I would like to recommend you to go the windows repair option, before that remove the browser for ensuring that, whether the problem is for the browser or the operating system. Insert windows installation disk, and start pressing f8 after manufacturer logo will appear into the screen, it will proceed you into the installation window, from there look for the windows repair option, click on that option and wait till the process completes. I hope if there is any issue with the operating system then by this process the problem will surely solved.

Is your graphics driver is working properly, to ensure about this proceed into the device manager, and from there look for display tab, open this and make sure that one is working fine. Along with this, be sure that the problem is not occurring for the other third party software application or the visual effect those is applied in your machine. If there is any plug in or theme is applied into the web browser application then I would like to suggest you to disable or directly uninstall that one. They also are might be occurring the problem. if still the problem occurring then I simply suggest you to reinstall the operating system, for that insert the installation disk into the CD ROM drive, and select the install now option, it will first ask you to format the drive, where the existing version is installed, do this and then start the fresh installation process. Go through this, I hope this will somehow help you to resolve the issue.