Thread: How to share ALL files in a custom library with homegroup in windows 7

How to share ALL files in a custom library with homegroup in windows 7

I have a custom library which has just one folder, plus this folder has a lot of subfolders each one with files in them. I would like to share the whole contents for this library by means of my homegroup. By choosing the library as well as choosing Share With HomeGroup . In other PCs in the homegroup I observe the folders in the custom library however not the files. It seems that I have to go as well as set the share with homegroup to every individual file consequently they come into view in other PCs. Is there any method around this? Thanks on any recommendation.

Re: How to share ALL files in a custom library with homegroup in windows 7

You have to click Win Logo Key + R, and then you have to type fsmgmt.msc as well as after that you have to press the Shares folder, after that the Action menu/New Share. Put in your share folders. Every of your subfolders were additional to the library from a number of other position. That added folder is supposed to be situated, as well as shared. The Library access is just a link to that.

Ok, everyone I would like to perform is sharing a number of files. I am able to access my documents, pictures, music, as well as videos just well utilizing my homegroup. To share other libraries that you have formed, you have to press Start key, as well as after that press your user name. Then you have to choose the library you desire to share, plus after that, in the toolbar, press Share with. Choose the public you would like to share with.

When you set up a homegroup, you select which libraries as well as printers you would like to share with other public in the group. You have to perform this things on a PC that belongs to the homegroup along with has libraries that you would like to share. For that you have to go to HomeGroup by pressing the Start key, pressing Control Panel, and after that typing homegroup in the search box, as well as after that pressing HomeGroup. In Share libraries with printers, choose the check box for every library you would like to share, as well as after that you have to press save changes.

I went to the genuine position of the folder in the library as well as shared that in addition to had the similar result, the entire the files in that folder along with files in subfolders of that folder come into view with a lock as well as not able to be observed from other PCs until I open the definite files as well as share them. Because there are a lot of folders with subfolders every with their own files I did rather not have to manually go as well as share every individually (I be able to choose the entire the files in a folder plus share them the entire however there is still a lot of folders).