Thread: Windows 7 keeps on moving PDF file and forced to shut down

Windows 7 keeps on moving PDF file and forced to shut down

I have recently downloaded some PDF files from the website. There is not a single problem for opening these files. But when I try to move these PDF files to some other location then Windows 7 keeps on transferring file and nothing happens. It gets stuck at calculating the size of the file. But the file is only of few KBs then why it is not able to transfer them with ease?

Re: Windows 7 keeps on moving PDF file and forced to shut down

I think there would be some kind of program that might be utilizing the file that you want to transfer from one place to another on your computer system. I hope that you are transferring it on the same hard disk itself as if you are trying about moving it on some network then there could be some problem with the network as well. I suggest you to close all the programs and then try moving this file.

I have one way by which you can do what you want to do. I think you are trying to cut and paste the file which make it hard sometime for windows to transfer the file. I suggest you to copy and paste the file which can be done more easily then that of cut-paste. Moreover you can delete the file from the original place from where you have copied it. But make sure that the transferred file is working properly then you may remove an original one.

Here I have provided the one more way by which you can do what you want to do with the PDF file. Follow the given below steps.

1. First of all click on the Start button and then type “cmd” in the search bar.

2. cmd.exe in the programs pane opened where you have to right click and then click on “Run it as an administrator”.

3. That opens the commnand prompt.

4. Now here you should locate the file that you want to transfer.

5. Now on command prompt you need to type “del filename.pdf” and press enter. This will remove the file out of machine.

It might happen that the file that you are trying to move on from one to another place have got corrupted or it might be infected by some virus. As you must have executed that file which in fact runs the virus as well. I suggest you to scan your machine once and check that is there any virus present on your machine or not. If there are any then you must remove it as soon as possible.