Thread: Operate meego in a desktop system having Nvidia Geforce card

Operate meego in a desktop system having Nvidia Geforce card

I managed to get a well functioning Meego on my desktop system, that posseses a Geforce card. The Meego UX works easily, the Meego intro does play as anticipated. I have come across no bug so far. However, it took me a while to make it in working condition , because of deficient of uncomplicated wifi configuration making the use of the shell. I used opensuse + chroot if someone establish a way of building them correctly in a .ks, It will be very gratefulI will update mine as soon as possible.

re: Operate meego in a desktop system having Nvidia Geforce card

To be frank no Linux distro has support for high end graphics on the equivalent level as windows. Even MacOS has comparatively lackluster performance comparative to a windows system with the similar hardware. As the marketplace for these drivers expands the makers that expand them will build them better. As for MeeGo, as I mentioned even with the legal drivers installed for Nvidia card, you will not be able to get Moblin's interface to function it properly . I am not certain what the issue is, but from what I possibly will discover it's just that no matter which but the cards that does not belong to cards are merely not supported. Expectantly this will transform soon, since pay no attention to the ION netbooks could be a mistake.

I make out that there is a long way to go... but I think this is a significant step, as a lot of netbooks are as well as this chip , I have one more question regarding this anybody knows if there is somebody working on a method to make MeeGo works on ion chips? I came across some of your threads and read that someone make Moblin 2.1 work on a nvidia chip, with nvidia enabled drivers. ? Can this be accomplished on with MeeGo too? If it can be done I will request one of you to come up and mention each step . I will be very grateful for that .

The point is that every single other mainstream linux distro is able to take benefit of 3d acceleration rendered by proprietary drivers and make use of a compositing system. The issues with Moblin, and I assume MeeGo has the identical problem since I can not get that to function either, is that despite of installing with those proprietary drivers installed I was not able to get the MeeGo platform to run. Other environments work very well, as does compiz, but the issue is only with the MeeGo UX, and most probably need an intel gpu.