Thread: Comments in File Properties gone after upgrade

Comments in File Properties gone after upgrade

I just upgraded my machine to the Windows 7 which was previously having a Windows XP. I have downloaded many files on my old machine and when I downloaded them I used to save the web address of the source website from where I have downloaded in the Comments of File Properties of particular file. Now when I looked for the same on my Windows 7 then there was no comments in the file properties, Where they have gone? Is there anyway to recover it ?

Re: Comments in File Properties gone after upgrade

I think it won't be possible to get all those properties back to the file information as once it gets vanished away, Windows does not have any tool that can recover the file with their all the properties. It is possible to get the file back after deleting it but I have never heard any of tool that can recover the information of the file which has been erased by some mean.

I have 4 computers on each of which Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed and I have basically all the same problem: Every time I just open a folder in which there are wav files, my CPU usage jumps to 100%. The wav files can be erased and still not change the properties are not shown. Under Vista I was able to open the files to listen as normal. For me this is a bug Windows7. I am only surprised that there is still no solution. Or is there already?

I think that this is truly a WIN is 7 bug. I hamper now people who did several weeks to several problems and can not include the new Inventor rename files in a project per pack has been copied. Basically, this occurs in other types of files, sometimes leaves a file rename, delete or move a little later does nothing. When you delete it then appears as the recycling message is being prepared but even minutes later it was then everything on the command, happened.

Someone has found a solution for the problem described above? 'Ve been using for several days now and am win7 promptly ran into this problem. An approximately 100 mb wav file during extinction test begins to recycle (hangs here, but on), properties not call rename possible not possible not possible to play with media player, iTunes from playing to display but without any information about the file!