Thread: Windows 7: script error after booting

Windows 7: script error after booting

I am facing very strange problem with Windows 7 which I have installed on my computer and I have decided to discuss with all of you and hoping that you will help me out from this strange problem. Well whenever I boot Windows 7 I have found script error on the screen. It states that 'Error in loading DLL '. Please let me know if you are having the same problem. Also suggest me any solution which I can apply to fix the matter. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Re: Windows 7: script error after booting

Well I looking at your situation I recommend you that you should run SFC/SCANNOW command on your system. Well it will help you to fix if there is any serious problem is occurred in your system.
    1. To run SFC/SCANNOW you have to click on the Start button and go to All programs and click on Accessories.
    2. You have to right click on the Command Prompt and click on Run as Administrator.
    3. Now you have to type SFC/SCANNOW and press enter.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not. Wish you all the best.

I am having certain steps which will help you view log file which is generated by SFC command tool.
    1. You launch command prompt as administrator on your command prompt.
    2. Now paste command on the command prompt and press enter
    Code:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
    Well sfcdetails.txt contains all the details of the SFC scan which you have done on your computer.
    I am hoping that above mentioned code will help you out in any manner.

I am having some information which you can use to find out which file cannot be repair by SFC tool.You have to launch the command prompt and enter following command on it and press enter.
    Code:
    findstr /C:"[SR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
    Now copy paste the following command on the terminal and press enter.
    Code:
    edit sfcdetails.txt
    A new windows will display on the screen which will let you know about the file which can not be repaired by SFC tool.Now you can use the following instruction if SFC is unable to repair the file.Copy paste following command on command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
    To get full access on the file use the following one
    Code:
    icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
    Now use the following command and place the path of the good copy of the file.
    Code:
    Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination
    If you are having any query about the solution feel free to ask the same.

I think you have mentioned nothing about your problem. Well first of all I want to know the name of the dll which is causing the problem. Also let me know have done any hardware or software changes on your computer. I am having to basic solution in this particular situation which you can use. First of all you should try to boot your system in safe mode and see whether problem persist or not. Another option is to do system restore and see it helps you or not.

I am using Windows 7 Professional and I started the command prompt by typing cmd because I can't find Accessories. At CMD "edit" is not a recognised as internal or external command etc. What to do next. It all stems from the fact I have tried for 5 months to load the service pack to no avail.
    Thank

Quote Originally Posted by PRDIGM View Post
    I am using Windows 7 Professional and I started the command prompt by typing cmd because I can't find Accessories. At CMD "edit" is not a recognised as internal or external command etc. What to do next. It all stems from the fact I have tried for 5 months to load the service pack to no avail.
    What do you mean by saying that "edit is not recognized as internal or external command". I think that you will have to run the cmd prompt as administrator, for this error that comes up . Try running it as admin by clicking on Start, type cmd, right click the cmd program and click Run as Administrator. Hopefully this will solve the issue for you.

Thank you nitesh,

I have attached a screen dump of the cmd for your perusal. Nevertheless I consider Windows 7 another Microsoft failure so I am going to dump it.

Thank you again and my best regards.
    Last edited by PRDIGM; 18-09-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Can't find attachment???

Quote Originally Posted by PRDIGM View Post
    Thank you nitesh,

I have attached a screen dump of the cmd for your perusal. Nevertheless I consider Windows 7 another Microsoft failure so I am going to dump it.
    The error seems to be that the path variable has changed and no longer includes the windows\system32 folder, where those apps and commands live. At a command prompt, type "set" or "path" and you will likely see that the path doesn't have this. Right-click on My Computer, then Properties, then Advanced and finally. Environment Variables. In the lower section, where it says "system variables", click on Path and choose Edit, then add this, preferably at the
    start:

%SystemRoot%\system32

Click OK back to the desktop. The commands should work now.