Thread: Windows 7: All files and folders are converted in to shortcut

Windows 7: All files and folders are converted in to shortcut

I have installed Window 7 on my computer. Well recently I have started to face a strange problem on the computer of mine. I don’t know what is the reason all the folders in computer is converted shortcuts hence I am unable to access those folders. When I click on one of the folder it prompts error message that ‘The item 266986688.vbs that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved.’ And it request to delete. I have found that the file is still present when I right click on the drive. I don’t have any other idea to access the files and folders on the computer of mine. Please let me know if you are having any solution with you. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7: All files and folders are converted in to shortcut

Well I was having the same problem and I have found that CIEUHU.EXE was the root cause of the problem. I have performed the following steps and I have no problem after doing this.
    1. You have to click on the Control Panel and click to Folder Option. Choose View and go for Show hidden files and folder. You have to uncheck Hide protected operating system files. Now click on apply.
    2. Now browse to folder. You will see that all the hidden files together with virus are being displayed. You have to remove virus and all the empty shortcut which does not carry any data. You have to create a new folder and copy all the content of the hidden file to newly created folder. Once you have finished simply delete the old hidden file.
    3. Now launch Task Manager and you have to click on same name which you have deleted from the folder. Right click on it and choose open containing folder. Simply delete it.
    4. Now restore all the folder settings and restart your computer.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the matter.

Well I am having trick which you can use I am not sure about the success of this particular trick but I let you that you should try it.
    1. First of all you have to click on the desire folder and simultaneously you have to click on Address bar of the windows explorer.
    2. Now you should try to delete the extension of the file. For e.g. you should try to make it ‘folder’ from the name ‘folder.link’ and press enter from your keyboard.
    3. If you are lucky then you will be able to use same file and folder again.
    I am hoping that it will help you out from this situation. Wish you all the best.

I am having a command which you can use in this particular situation. Well you have to execute this command on the command prompt of your computer.
    1. You have to click on start button and go to run. Now enter cmd in run and press enter.
    2. Now use this following on the command prompt.
      Code:
      attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
    1. Note that you have to write your hard disk name with ‘g:’
    2. Now you have to erase all the shortcuts and virus program which was causing the problem on your computer after running above mentioned command.

If you have any query about the solution fill free to ask the same.

Well I suggest you that you should boot your computer in to safe mode and see whether it helps you or not. If it does not work I recommend you that you should go for system restore. You should restore your system to previous working configuration. I am hoping that either safe mode or system restore will help you out to solve the matter. I will let you know if I come up with any other solution regarding this problem. Thanks a lot.