Thread: How to stop the feature of expanding windows folder in windows 7

How to stop the feature of expanding windows folder in windows 7

I wanted to know how to disable the feature of windows explorer where it expands all the folders and the files under the section. Since i am quite frustrated with this activity of the windows explorer where it keeps on expanding all the folders under it. I wanted to know how to disable such feature. So i thought it would be better to ask this from you all. So anyone of you having any idea or solutions regarding this problem then do let me know as early as possible.

Re: How to stop the feature of expanding windows folder in windows 7

I think so you are referring to the 'Automatically expand to current folder' option. well what you have to do here is to follow these simple steps that i have listed below
    1) First you have to go to the windows explorer.
    2) after you have reached there then go to the tools option.
    3) from there navigate to the folders options. Under that you will get the option of Automatically expand to current folder. you just have to uncheck that option and save the changes.
    do try with this above method it will definitely work out for you.

According to me you must have a talk with the Microsoft people regarding this issue. Since there are many bugs that have been noticed by many of the users. So it is better to report this issue to the specific people and let them solve the problem accordingly. I think this is the most simplest of all the options. I think you must definitely try with this option. So do let me know if you have solved your particular issue.

Well my advice would be to go with a particular application that is known as Classic shell. This particular application is designed to solve such issues. Once you have run this particular application then do try doing a rebooting of the system. Once you are done with that try opening the windows explorer and switch to the classic windows explorer and enable all the menu options. So do these necessary changes and you will be able to solve your issue. Do let me know whether this particular solution helps you or not.

Well let me tell you i have tried with all the above solutions and none of them have given me any solutions yet. I was just wondering how to disable such feature. I think now it would be better to have a talk with the particular Microsoft people for the appropriate solutions. Lets hope that they will give some solution for me. Anyways i need to thank you all for giving me some suggestions such that i tried with it but unfortunately it did not work for me.