Thread: Unable to Create New Library in Windows 7

Unable to Create New Library in Windows 7

I have recently upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have a clean install on a number of computers. At whatever time I attempt to create a New Library I always get an error message which states that "Windows Explorer Has Stopped functioning, checking for Solutions" and after that "Windows Explorer is rebooting" at which point it restarts. This happens on all computers.

Re: Unable to Create New Library in Windows 7

I would like you to answer certain questions. When did you start receiving these errors? Have you made any changes to your computer previous to this happening? Frequently third party applications running in the background of windows 7 or system can cause your explorer to collapse. Let's attempt clean booting the system on the way to take away third party application and observe if that clears up the trouble. You can follow the below steps to place your PC in “clean boot”
    1. Go to start menu and Type msconfig in the Start Search box, as well as after that press ENTER. You will be asked for an administrator password or else for a confirmation, provide the password, or else click Ok.
    2. Now on the General tab, click Selective Startup and Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
    3. After that click on the Services tab, click to choose the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, moreover after that click Disable All.
    4. Now click okay.
    5. At what time you are prompted for restart click yes.

So I also have a similar problem, however with the home premium edition. Can I create a new library but when I click on the folder that will be included in the library, 'add to library' to 'right click', 'New Library' Run. Is certainly not ideal, and no real solution, but at least you then have a library (which you also do not frequently or regularly produced) and that's sure to get over .Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Can you go to your PC furthermore from there My Documents plus there make a folder? Do you get the similar error after that also? Or only in Library? Also, there are several number of probable things that be able to be the cause of this: One thing I will recommend to check is if this occurs with each and every one user accounts on the PC in question, or else presently with that particular one. If the issue is with only one account, after that I recommend generating a new account, make sure if it functions, copy your files over plus delete the old one. Further things that may possibly be causing problem are if you contain virtual services, disable those as well as observe if this occurs once more. Also is your PC part of a home network? In that case you may possibly desire on the way to verify if you have remote differential enabled or not.