Thread: Setting “Apply to all folders" in windows 7 does not work

Setting “Apply to all folders" in windows 7 does not work

How to store files or folders permanently displayed in medium with seven icons. Let me explain:I'm setting records in average view; they revert to list details instead of staying on the format chosen if I leave the application temporarily, while the average display icon in the documents remains unchanged. I'm searching the net, I cannot find. What to do? I just desire to have each and every one my files display in LIST format each moment I open a new Explorer window however no matter how many times I click "Apply to all folders" it does not function.Thank you in advance

Re: Setting “Apply to all folders" in windows 7 does not work

I will recommend you to try the following. You can describe a default view to every folder category. (For example Documents)

1. Choose a file inside Windows Explorer. (Such as Documents)
    2. Locate the Details Panel to the format you desire. Right click on the title bar as well as choose and arrange columns titles. After that set panel view.

3. Now apply the view to all folders of this category. (For this go to Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View (tab) -> [Apply to Folders] -> [Apply] -> and finally press OK.

Hope that this will help you to get rid of your issue. If you still have any problem, please let me know so that we can provide further help.

Thank you for your suggestion, but Sorry, I have no thought what you are talking concerning in your commands. The steps do not function at all. On the other hand, I attempted the method but it still does not function. I also tried the below method:Apply the present view settings (for example List, Details, or else Large Icons) to each and every one folders on your PC that are the similar kind as the folder you at present have open. ( for example Documents and Music Details.) In the presently open folder, now click put in order in the toolbar, and after that click Folder as well as Search Options. Inside Folder Options, click the View tab, furthermore after that click Apply to Folders. (To change these folders reverse to their default settings, click on Reset Folders.What else do you recommend? Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Yes I too have never clicked on "Apply to All Folders." It is a failure as among many others. This does not work anymore since few days. It is true that I cheat a lot, however, despite all precautions, there comes a day or crappy breakdowns occur. Thus, I decided that a dll file or failed and I found a solution by taking it on the user "Administrator" and it worked.