Thread: Copy files from Windows 98 to Windows 7

Copy files from Windows 98 to Windows 7

My aunty is running Windows 98 from many years and she don’t even care about upgrading an operating system on their machine. Their machine does not even has USB connectors and no CD/DVD burner. There is only floppy 3.5" drive. Now can somebody tell me that how is it possible to copy files and programs from Windows 98 First Edition to Windows 7?

Re: Copy files from Windows 98 to Windows 7

I think you can take the backup of your aunt’s data on some online storage and then same thing you would be able to access from your windows 7 machine. This technique is the simplest one as it just needs an internet connection on both the computer systems and a place on some portal where you can take backup. Now it depends on you that which place to choose for backup.

One more way by which you can take the files from your windows 98 machine to the windows 7. I guess your machine would be having a CD or DVD driver which you can connect with your Aunt’s machine anytime and it is not even annoying if you really need data. Once you have connected DVD drive then start burning data and then simply connect it back to your windows 7 machine and I guess you don’t need advice for what to do further to this.

You need to fir the USB card, I am just assuming that your aunt’s has a extra PCI slot. But be careful, You would be needing new drivers on the Windows 98 to make your drive working on it. Now it depends on the size of the data that you want to transfer from your windows 98 to Win 7 machine. Then you may use external hard drive or memory card.