Thread: Protect files from being deleted on windows 7

Protect files from being deleted on windows 7

My Photos as well as Videos are our most precious possession as well as they require improved protection - from us. We back up to outside drives. However, we would as well like to “lock” the files to make sure that while we are sorting, browsing, as well as copying they are not efficiently deleted. How do we eradicate deleting and moving of files? If probable we would like to eradicate the opportunity to delete as still permitting viewing, copying to project folders, tagging as well as rating. Is this probable? How do I protect files and folders from being deleted? Please assist.

Re: Protect files from being deleted on windows 7

Deny permissions always get priority over permit permissions, so the easiest method is that you have to set everybody as Deny for delete. Depart the other permissions whole. It does not matter who the holder is, everybody will be blocked from deleting the files until they go throughout the steps to take ownership as well as after that take out the deny permission, after that you have to go back as well as delete.

If you would like to set the permissions to an exacting user you be able to perform that. You be able to set permissions to an exacting user to protect your files. For that you have to Right-press the file or folder, as well as after that you have to press Properties. Then press the Security tab. Then press a user name or group in Group or user names. You be able to select the user for whom you desire to set the permissions. Then Highlight the user name as well as press on Edit. Position a checkmark in deny wherever you would like to set the permissions and after that you have to press OK.

If you would like to perform it on the administrator account just, you be able to search for any third application which is able to protect the folders or files. I am certain you will find many applications. This reply includes a reference to a third party. Microsoft is providing this detail as expediency to you. Microsoft does not control these sites as well as has not experienced any software or detail found on these sites; so, Microsoft is not able to create any representations concerning the quality, security, or appropriateness of any software or detail found there. Hope this will help you